Filo [Womens] Hydrophobic hooded down jacket
Tough and durable hooded down jacket that’s all about comfort and warmth in cold conditions. Will last you for winters to come with 650 fill power hydrophobic down
When you think of Alpkit, you think of the Filo jacket. A classic winter weight jacket that you’ll find anywhere from the Peak District’s gritstone crags to Alpine summits and further afield, it’s made for day-in day-out wear, winter upon winter.
It is for when warmth, comfort and protection are your top priority, whether you’re at the crag, starting out on your Kilimanjaro summit push, or huddled around the campfire on a wintry evening.
Filo is tough, durable, burly and so cosy it'll keep you warm for years to come which is why it comes with a 10 year guarantee.
With 650 fill power ethically-sourced hydrophobic duck down to keep you warmer in damp conditions. The outer fabric is a heavyweight nylon with a DWR coating; the pockets and cuffs are lined with a soft tricot fabric; and Filo is longer than our other down jackets for full-on warmth against the cold.
Filo’s 2-way zip and removable helmet compatible hood are practical design features that make Filo our go-to winter down jacket.
For belaying your partner up Christmas Crack on the 25th December, torch-lit evenings on the gritstone, and all the days in between... Filo is guaranteed to keep you warm and snug winter after winter after winter.
DOWNTEK WATER REPELLENT DOWN
DownTek-treated down absorbs less water than untreated down. This means it retains its loft better in damp or humid conditions, dries quicker, and recovers better too, keeping you warmer in damp environments than untreated down. DownTek is environmentally safe - Bluesign approved, PFC, PFOA, and PFOS free – and uses only RDS certified down sources. Remember, it's better not to get your down wet – even water repellent down is no substitute for a waterproof shell!
RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD
We use only RDS certified down; all our down is audited by a third party to ensure that it comes from birds who are not live-plucked, force-fed, or mistreated. That’s good to know.
- 10 Year Alpine Bond
- Tough, rugged, and extremely cosy warm down jacket for keeping you warm and snug when the temperatures get cold
- Hardwearing and burly fabric stands up to the demands of daily use and abuse
- 650 fill power duck down is highly insulating and lofts well for its weight and pack size
- Wide baffles give the down filling space to loft for effective insulation
- Longer cut gives extra coverage and protection against the cold
- Removable hood with zip attachment to keep out the draught, just large enough for a climbing helmet
- Tricot lined cuffs and pockets keep you snug when you’re out in the cold and not moving a huge amount (ideal for working the projects!)
- 2-way YKK Vislon front zip means you can still get to your harness when the top is zipped up
- 2 zipped hand pockets, 1 internal chest pocket
- A DWR coating keeps the moisture at bay
- RDS certified, ethically sourced duck down
- Adjustable hem drawcord for keeping out the draughts
8: 595/240 g; 10: 610/250 g; 12: 660/260 g; 14: 690/270 g; 16: 720/280 g
Fill: 90/10 European duck down, RDS certified, Downtek Water Repellent
Fill power: IDFB 650
Main fabric: 100% nylon; 40x90d taslan, 83 gsm
Lining: 100% nylon, 20d, 36 gsm