Phantac [Womens] Hydrophobic goose down jacket
Uber warm and packable hydrophobic hooded down jacket for alpinism, climbing and mountaineering, with 750 fill power Downtek hydrophobic goose down
If you’re going the distance with that Alpine start, you may as well be wearing a jacket designed to go the distance too…
Phantac has an extremely high warmth-to-weight ratio which makes it excellent for alpinism and mountaineering. Like all our down products, it’s filled with RDS certified down.
The outer is lightweight yet durable nylon ripstop, with a thin water repellent coating on the inside to protect the down filling (and you) from that spindrift whipping down the gully.
High fill power goose down makes Phantac incredibly packable and gives you more insulation per gram. It’s treated with Downtek Water Repellent treatment which helps it to recover and retain its loft if it gets damp. The more loft it has, the warmer you’ll be!
Phantac’s active cut makes it comfortable to climb and move in. Medium-sized baffles create a low-bulk shape and prevent the down from migrating round the jacket, whilst articulated arms stop the hem from riding up and letting the cold in when you’re reaching for the next hold. The 2-way zip lets you get to your harness when you throw the Phantac on at a belay.
When all you really need is a fortress against the cold, Phantac’s helmet compatible hood can be adjusted at the crown and the opening so you can seal out the draughts - the front adjusts from the comfort of your pockets so you don’t have to expose your hands to the cold. Phantac has high external zipped pockets that you can get at when it’s tucked into your harness, 2 internal pockets for stashing gloves or warming rock boots, and an internal pocket for keeping your gadgets warm.
Whether you’re getting up before sunrise for the summit push or spending a little longer than you’d have liked waiting at a freezing belay, Phantac will give you warmth and comfort at minimal cost to your pack weight.
DOWNTEK WATER REPELLENT DOWN
DownTek-treated down absorbs less water than untreated down. This means it retains its loft better in damp or humid conditions, dries quicker, and recovers better too, keeping you warmer in damp environments than untreated down. DownTek is environmentally safe - Bluesign approved, PFC, PFOA, and PFOS free – and uses only RDS certified down sources. Remember, it's better not to get your down wet – even water repellent down is no substitute for a waterproof shell!
RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD
We use only RDS certified down; all our down is audited by a third party to ensure that it comes from birds who are not live-plucked, force-fed, or mistreated. That’s good know.
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
- Packable and warm hydrophobic goose down jacket for climbing and mountaineering.
- Lightweight, durable shell fabric with a PU water repellent coating to protect the down fill from airborne moisture.
- High fill power down and medium stitch-thru baffles give a non-bulky fit without sacrificing warmth, leaving you unrestricted when climbing.
- Goose down is naturally resilient and durable.
- Articulated arms give freedom of movement and prevent the jacket from riding up as you climb.
- Helmet compatible hood with volume adjuster and elasticated front adjustment tucked away inside chest pockets.
- Insulated zip baffle reinforced for zip protection and chin protector.
- 2 large external chest pockets; large internal mesh pockets for gloves or rock boots; 1 internal zipped pocket for keeping your gadgets warm.
- Internal attachment loop for keyring or gloves.
- Internally elasticated cuffs don’t absorb moisture.
- RDS certified down.
- C6 DWR coating helps to prevent dirt and moisture absorption.
Fill: 90/10 European goose down; RDS certified, Downtek Water Repellent
Fill power: IDFB 750
Main fabric: 15d 100% nylon ripstop (300 mm HH), 35 gsm
Lining: 20d, 45gsm 100% polyester ripstop
8: 465/173 g; 10: 495/186 g; 12: 520/200 g; 14: 535/215 g; 16: TBC/TBC g