Phantac [Womens] Hydrophobic goose down jacket
Uber warm and packable hydrophobic hooded down jacket for climbing and mountaineering with 750 fill power hydrophobic goose down
£199.00 Was: £229.00
If you’re going the distance with that Alpine start, you may as well be wearing a jacket designed to go the distance too…
Phantac is a warm and lightweight fortress against the cold, made for mountaineering and alpinism. It works well layered under the Definition waterproof shell.
It has an active cut that makes it comfortable to climb in. Medium baffles create a low-bulk shape with articulated arms to stop the hem from riding up when you reach for the next hold. You can adjust the hem from the comfort of your pockets, which avoids sacrificing your hands for a snug fit. The 2 way zip makes it comfortable worn over a harness.
Phantac’s features are designed to work with your climbing gear. The adjustable hood is helmet compatible and the external pockets sit out of the way of your harness. On the inside you’ve also got 2 stash pockets for gloves or rock shoes and a zipped pocket that keeps your phone or head torch warm.
High fill power goose down gives the Phantac an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio. It’s hydrophobic, so it retains thermal qualities when wet.
The nylon ripstop outer is light yet tough, with a water repellent coating to protect the down (and you) from that spindrift whipping down the gully.
Whether you’re up early for the summit push or at a belay for longer the you’d have liked, Phantac gives you warmth and protection at minimal cost to your pack weight.
DOWNTEK WATER REPELLENT DOWN
DownTek-treated down absorbs less water than untreated down. This means it retains its loft better in damp or humid conditions, dries quicker, and recovers better too, keeping you warmer in damp environments than untreated down. DownTek is environmentally safe - Bluesign approved, PFC, PFOA, and PFOS free – and uses only RDS certified down sources. Remember, it's better not to get your down wet – even water repellent down is no substitute for a waterproof shell!
RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD
We use only RDS certified down; all our down is audited by a third party to ensure that it comes from birds who are not live-plucked, force-fed, or mistreated. That’s good know.
The Phantac has the best warmth-to-weight ratio of any of our down jackets, but there’s another hidden benefit that makes it most suitable for mountaineers. The outer fabric has a light PU coating on the inside, which gives you extra protection against moisture – perfect for shrugging off spindrift. - Ronnie
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
- Packable and warm hydrophobic goose down jacket for climbing and mountaineering.
- Lightweight, durable shell fabric with a PU water repellent coating to protect the down fill from airborne moisture.
- High fill power down and medium stitch-thru baffles give a non-bulky fit without sacrificing warmth, leaving you unrestricted when climbing.
- Goose down is naturally resilient and durable.
- Articulated arms give freedom of movement and prevent the jacket from riding up as you climb.
- Helmet compatible hood with volume adjuster and elasticated front adjustment tucked away inside chest pockets.
- Insulated zip baffle reinforced for zip protection and chin protector.
- 2 large external chest pockets; large internal mesh pockets for gloves or rock boots; 1 internal zipped pocket for keeping your gadgets warm.
- Internal attachment loop for keyring or gloves.
- Internally elasticated cuffs don’t absorb moisture.
- RDS certified down.
- C6 DWR coating helps to prevent dirt and moisture absorption.
Fill: 90/10 European goose down; RDS certified, Downtek Water Repellent
Fill power: IDFB 750
Main fabric: 15d 100% nylon ripstop (300 mm HH), 35 gsm
Lining: 20d 100% nylon, 36 gsm
8: 490/173 g; 10: 470/186 g; 12: 480/200 g; 14: 510/215 g; 16: 530/TBC g