Jaran 2Lightweight backpacking tent
2 person 3 season backpacking tent weighing 1.8 kg, created to offer maximum comfortable liveable space and stability for its weight and pack size
£239.00 Was: £259.00
Comfort by day versus comfort by night… Does it have to be one or the other? Whether embarking on an ultralight microadventure or a lengthier undertaking, a comfortable night’s sleep doesn’t have to make you dread carrying your tent the next day.
With semi-geodesic construction, Jaran 2 fills that sweet spot between weight, durability and space. Offering comfort and space by night without compromising on strength or packability, it is suitable for prolonged escapades and uber-light exploration.
Jaran 2 is inner pitch first and simple to assemble: one person can do it whilst the other gets the dinner on. The crossbar adds stability against the wind and maximises your liveable space for long-term comfort. Its freestanding setup means you can pitch it almost anywhere with just 6 pegs, optional guy ropes are included.
Entrances on both sides of the Jaran, with spacious storage vestibules, make sharing the tent more agreeable – no one likes to be climbed over in the middle of the night!
Mesh and polyester panelling on the inner gives ventilation, warmth, and privacy; creating an airy living space. Bathtub construction keeps the moisture out, an optional footprint protects the groundsheet.
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
- Semi-geodesic 3 pole lightweight freestanding backpacking tent
- Freestanding setup; pitches with 6 pegs, supplied with 10
- Single hub design for quick and easy setup
- Crossbar stabilises against the wind and enhances liveable space
- 2 entrances give a more comfortable living space
- 2 spacious porch vestibules (126 x 76 cm) for storing boots and rucksacks
- Mesh and polyester panelling on inner for ventilation, warmth and privacy
- Stash pockets for organising your gear
- Two internal hang loops for torch or gloves
- Factory-taped seams using waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (PVC & VOC free)
- Bathtub construction keeps moisture out
- Reflective guy points for stability and visibility
- Colour-coded webbing makes pitching straight-forward
- Pole system with press fit connectors, lightweight hubs and eco-friendly anodizing
- Footprint optional
Total weight: 1800 g
Flysheet: 615 g
Inner: 600 g
Poles: 400 g
Pegs: 110 g
Guylines: 25 g
Tent bag: 25 g
Pole bag: 15 g
Peg bag: 10 g
Footprint weight*: 205 g
*Footprint only included if ‘Tent with footprint’ is selected
Packed size: ø15 x 42 cm
Outer: Nylon Ripstop 30D; 3000 mm PU/Si
Inner Mesh: 20D Poly No-See-Um; Panels: 20D Nylon Ripstop
Floor: Nylon Ripstop 30D; 3000 mm PU/Si
Poles: 3 poles, TH72M-6 Aluminium
Pegs: 10 pegs,
Other: Buckles: Duraflex; Zips: YKK
Used this product?Write a review
3 years of happy camping and counting
We bought the Jaran 2 a few years back (in blue) mostly because of the light pack weight. We've had it all over the shop - wild camped on the Paps of Jura in the height of summer, battled the winds on Cheviot in the dead of winter... This fantastic little tent has seen us through some amazing adventures.
It's incredibly easy to put up - we can do it in about 4 minutes typically, and it has a very neat footprint meaning you don't have to be choosy about your pitch. Although compact inside (I mean it IS a backpacking tent...) there's enough space for me & hubby and our kit and I never feel cramped.
If I had to name a con, it would be that if you get stuck in gale force winds (as we did in the Cheviots last summer) it's not the best at keeping shape... It does deform quite easily, but that was a lesson learned for us in selecting more sheltered pitches!