This product has been archived and is no longer available for purchase.
Jaran 2Lightweight backpacking tent
Lightweight 2 person inner pitch first backpacking tent, dual sided entry double-porched, DAC poles, weighing just 1.9kg
Jaran 2 Lightweight backpacking tent
Spacious 3 season tent with decent sized vestibules for your stuff, Jaran strikes a great balance between weight, durability and space.
If you are on an uber-light exploration or a prolonged escapade, you will be deliberating your need for lightweight with a need for versatility and durability. Wherever you go and however you travel - by bike, boat or boots- guaranteeing a soporific night’s sleep is somewhat challenging, but we wouldn’t have it any other way!
A diligently designed tent will certainly increase your chances of getting plenty of sleep. The colour-coded webbing on Jaran 2 assists you in setting up quickly without too much fumbling in the dark.
Balancing the benefits of weight versus stability and durability can be a tricky task. Jaran strikes a wonderful balance of total weight remaining below 2 kg yet stability and space is increased by use of a horizontal cross bar.
Jaran 2 utilises a thicker fabric than Ordos which gives it increased durability- ideal for longer trips where it is harder to ensure optimum pitching conditions. On adventurous journeys, you can never perfectly predict the weather. The geometry of Jaran 2 increases its stability in windy conditions and the bathtub floor protects from soggy pitches. Incorporated mesh sections give great ventilation whilst keeping bugs at bay.
Jaran 2 benefits from having two sizable vestibules (126 cm x 72 cm) which after a week or two of tent life, you will be undoubtedly grateful for. In such confined conditions, every inch of space is a blessing for storing mucky boots and hoards of kit- or even just to get a little breathing space from your companion! Having two entrances saves having to climb (or be climbed over) every time you or you companion want to exit/ enter the tent.
- Reflective guy points for stability and visibility
- Durable YKK® zippered doors with snag-guard, Velcro® & snap closures
- High internal gear loops for clothes lines and hanging items
- DAC Featherlite (R) NSL pole system with press fit connectors, lightweight hubs and eco-friendly anodizing
- DAC TH72M Aluminum poles
- Single hub design for quick and easy setup
- No-See-Um Mesh body keeps the smallest bugs out and lets the air flow
- Floor and fly feature lightweight rip stop nylon with a 1200 mm waterproof coating
- 1200 mm waterproof polyurethane-coated nylon bathtub style floor
- Color-coded webbing on tent body and fly for easy setup
- Lightweight tent bag
- Pitches with 4 pegs, but we supply it with 8
- All seams are factory-taped using waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape
Total weight: 1941 g
Flysheet: 692 g
Inner: 685 g
Poles: 394 g
Pegs: 92 g
Guylines: 23 g
Tent bag: 30 g
Pole bag: 15 g
Peg bag: 10 g
40D Nylon R/S 1200mm PU/Sil (floor)
40D Nylon R/S 1200mm PU/Sil (fly)
20D Poly No-See-Um mesh
40D Nylon R/S Breathable side panel
TH72M-6 Aluminum Poles
TH72M-6 Aluminum J-Stakes
Green Anodizing DAC®
Packed Size: 46 cm x 15 cm x 15 cm (52cm Circumference bag)
Same day despatchAll orders received before 2pm despatched same day.
Free UK Shipping on all ordersFree 2 day delivery to UK addresses is included in all orders so the price you see is the price you pay. Upgrade to next day 1pm at the checkout.
Free No hassle 123 day returnsBuy with confidence and if you are not happy, change your mind or want a swap for any reason then return it for free and we will exchange or refund no question. The price you see is the price you pay. Just return the kit as you receive it - in its original condition, unused, unworn, with original packaging and fit for resale.
Alpine BondIf one of our products does not meet your expectations upon delivery or, if it does not live up to the demands placed upon it, please return it within 3 years of purchase for repair, replacement or refund. If the problem is our fault then we will do this to your satisfaction if it’s your fault then we will help out the best we can.
Support - There are five ways to get in touch
- Visit the Support Department section
- Email us at email@example.com
- Ring us on 0044 1773 417 007
- Write to us here
- Drop by our Factory Store : Open Mon-Fri 9am to 5.30pm