- Full Description
- Features At A Glance
- Customer Reviews
4 pitches in: sun, outstanding views for miles, and move after move of really good climbing. Some people can’t understand why we do this, we can’t understand why they don’t.
Gnarl is a 15 litre climbing pack designed to fit your essentials for a day out hiking, a long mountain scramble, or a big old multi-pitch climb.
It’s the slim shape (with compression straps) and uncluttered feature set that makes Gnarl ideal for activities where manoeuvrability is important – think that awkward first pitch in Twll Mawr or a ‘shuffling-on-your-bum’ section of the Aonach Eagach ridgeline. Incredibly durable fabric with a reinforced base makes Gnarl plenty tough enough to cope with abrasions and rubbing against rock. A DWR coating gives your stuff a bit of protection against those unexpected showers.
Gnarl sits high on your back above your harness for a comfortable fit when tied in. The 3D mesh back panel is breathable and comfortable and an internal stiffener that protects your back from sharp items and distributes weight evenly. A repositionable sternum strap let you get a secure and snug fit, keeping the shoulder straps in place as you climb.
Gnarl features a zipped main compartment with a hydration sleeve (fitting a 3 l bladder), hanging loop, hydration port, and zipped valuables pouch. A small second pocket is accessible from the outside - ideal for clipping your keys or stashing a map or topo - and the 2 side stash pockets are handy for food or other bits you’ll need as you go. Stowable rear loops and adjustable bungee retainers for your poles or ice axe give you a bit of external storage too.
- 15 litre summit backpack for essential kit on a mountain day out
- Slim shape and uncluttered exterior make it ideal for climbing and scrambling
- Tough, abrasion resistant nylon ripstop, with reinforced base
- Harness compatible fit: sits above your climbing harness
- Back system: breathable 3D mesh with internal stiffener
- Adjustable padded mesh shoulder straps are breathable and comfortable; sternum strap can be repositioned
- Compartments: Zipped main compartment with hydration sleeve and valuables pocket; small zipped external pocket with key clip, side stretch stash pockets.
- Side compression straps for compacting the bag down
- Stowable rear loops and bungee retainers for your poles or ice axes
- Emergency whistle on sternum strap, rear light attachment loop for staying seen
- Hydration sleeve also fits a 13" laptop
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Main fabric: 420d Nylon ripstop with PU coating (1500 mm)
Reinforced base: 840d Nylon
Compression strap buckles: Duraflex
Capacity: 15 L
Weight: 435 g
Dimensions (HWD - fully packed): 49 x 22 x 20 cm
Hydration sleeve fits a 3 L bladder
What You Say: Customer Reviews and Comments
Used this product?Write a review
I’m delighted with this daypack. Having all the features I need; a main compartment, a second small one, good size side pockets and pole attachments, and no annoying trailing straps, this backpack is a winner for me. It sits comfortably and I find it far better than other more expensive ones of a similar size I’ve had previously. It looks good too! Perfect in form and function!
Brilliant little bag
Bought this backpack for a cycling holiday and was very impressed. It's very lightweight, has lots of usable space and very practical zips and pockets. I'm a fairly petite person and the bag felt very comfortable (often, backpacks are too big for me). I love the bright blue-orange colour combo, too. Highly recommend. Thanks Alpkit!
Great lightweight multi-purpose pack
Superb lightweight 15 litre pack. I've used it for biking and hiking and it's worked really well. Simple features but enough to make it work. The compression straps are ideally placed to strap on a bike helmet or lock.