Apogee Jacket [Womens]Primaloft gold jacket
Packable and lightweight Primaloft Gold synthetic winter belay jacket made for low maintenance warmth and protection on those Scottish winter epics
Winter in the Cairngorms: whether you’re making your approach, fighting your way up yet another pitch, or belaying your partner from a particularly exposed stance… who would say no to being swaddled by 100gsm of Primaloft Gold (with added features, of course…)?
“This has quickly become my number one go-to-jacket… it performs exceptionally well… and synthetic means I can worry less if it gets a bit wet.” - Anna Wells, Alpkiteer
Apogee is a packable, lightweight, and low-maintenance insulated jacket for keeping you warm in damp conditions where temperatures are around freezing.
Designed with Scottish winters and icy days at the crag in mind, Apogee is feature-packed for mountain use. The helmet compatible hood, integrated wrist-warmers, dropped hem on the back and internal zip baffle fend off draughts. The two-way zip gives you access to your harness, and a relaxed cut means you layer up over a shell when the temperatures plummet. 80 gsm of insulation in the arms enhance your freedom of movement.
Apogee’s durable and water resistant outer fabric more than handles the demands of hero life. The Primaloft Gold fill offers a warmth to weight ratio unparalleled in synthetic insulation; repelling water, retaining thermal properties when wet, and recovering quickly from a soaking.
Hear from Anna Wells about how the Apogee performed in the field: Apogee: Worry Free Warmth
Primaloft Gold is a synthetic fibre which create millions of tiny air pockets to trap body heat, keeping you warm in colder conditions. It uses a water repellent finish to improve performance in extreme conditions, maintaining its thermal properties even when wet. Primaloft Gold has a better warmth to weight ratio than standard synthetic fibres. It’s also easy to care for, packable, breathable, and super soft: mega!
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
- Primaloft Gold insulated outer layer for protection in cold, damp conditions
- Primaloft Gold is unparalleled in retaining thermal properties when wet
- Highly packable, low maintenance, and lightweight
- Less insulation in the arms and hood for freedom of movement
- Abrasion and water resistant outer fabric
- Relaxed cut for layering up
- 2-way zip for wearing over a harness
- Internal zip baffle with chin guard fends off the draughts
- 2 deep zipped hand-warmer pockets
- 1 internal zipped valuables pocket
- 2 large internal mesh pockets for climbing shoes, gloves and snacks
- Hook and loop cuffs with integrated thumb loop wrist-warmers
- Helmet compatible hood with front volume adjusters hidden inside chest pocket
- Stuff sack for stowing away
Fabric (outer): 20 x 15d, 35 gsm 100% nylon ripstop (300 mm HH)
Fabric (inner): 20d, 45gsm 100% polyester ripstop
Fill: 100gsm Primaloft Gold (body), 80gsm (hood and arms)
8: 410 g; 10: 430 g: 12: 450 g; 14: 475 g; 16: 500 g
Stuff sack: 10 g
Origin: United Kingdom