Top Tarp Tips Part 1 - Continuous Ridge Line
Step 1. Home Prep. You can prepare your tarp at home by threading your line through any ridge risers you may have on your tarp. Attach a clipper to one end of the line and tie a prussik knot about halfway along the line with another clipper attached to it (There are plenty of videos online showing this knot). Now pack your tarp into a stuffbag trying the leave the 2 clippers hanging out the top for a swift set up.
Step 2. Find two trees that have enough room between them to pitch your tarp and choose what height you would like it. Run the clipper (without the prussik) around the first tree and clip it back through the ridgeline and attach it to the centre point of your tarp.
Step 3. Now work your way along the ridgeline to the other end of your tarp, slide the prussik knot along the line so you have enough line to wrap it around the second tree and clip it into the centre point of this side of the tarp. Pull the prussik knot towards the tree to tighten.
Step 4. Work the line around the trees to slide the tarp left or right to position it over your camp or hammock, then attach guys to each corner of your tarp and peg them out.
Similarly tagged stickies: Customer Service Top Tips - Tarps, Jaran Tent Pitching Instructions, Ordos Tent Pitching Instructions, Tetri Pitching Instructions, Top Tarp Tips Part 2 - The Reflect Wedge, Top Tarp Tips Part 3 - Buried Sand Bags, Top Tarp Tips Part 4 - Kayak Bivvy, Top Tarp Tips part 5 - Van Attachment, Viso Tent Pitching Instructions,
Didn't find the product you were looking for or can't remember it's name? Try searching again or clicking on a category.
Download instructions for your product
All about shopping at Alpkit
- I’ve received the wrong item, what do I do?
- Love Mud Wheels: 60 Day Test Ride
- 60 Day Love Mud Wheel trial
- Common Bike Upgrades: price list
- How much does international shipping for Sonder Bikes and Love Mud Wheels cost?
- Bulk Order Discount
- Accident replacement scheme
- Continuum Project
- Kilimanjaro Kit List: What to pack
- Alpkit Finance Options
- Keeping up with the exchange rate fluctuations
- Try Before You Buy - Sonder Demo and Bike Hire
- Where does it come from? Alpkit gear sourcing
- Can I swap a product in a bundle?
- SagePay US State Abbreviations and US State Postal Codes
- PayPal Payments
- Club or Group Discounts
- Website Problems
- Placing an order
- Shipping Options
- 123 Day Returns