Tyrol waxed cotton rucksack
20 litre hillwalking pack. Waxed cotton with single buckle and flap closure and practical features
Making your way down the Ptarmigan ridge, or through the heather to the summit of Geal Charn Mor. From valley floor to summit and back again, little is quite so satisfying as a done-in-a-day adventure.
Tyrol is our natural fibre 20 litre daypack, inspired by the classic alpine packs shouldered by our childhood idols. It’s ideal for mountain walking and travel, with practical features for daily use too.
It’s made from dry waxed cotton, which is cotton canvas imbued with wax to give it natural water resistance and a supple feel. Waxed cotton is lightweight and incredibly durable, that’s why it’s been used over the centuries for everything from sailcloth to garments for farmers, and why we’ve used to it make mountain daypacks suitable for day-in, day-out use.
Tyrol features single buckle and flap closure, with a drawstring collar that lets you overstuff it and a zipped pocket with key clip in the lid for things you’ll need quick access to – your head torch, keys or a trail bar. Inside, the laptop sleeve fits up to a 15” laptop and a soft padded back support makes it comfortable to carry.
Tyrol is a backpack made to go everywhere with you, share in your adventures, be depended upon and live to tell the tale afterwards. Designed by Hebe and made by Dom and the team here in our UK factory (just outside the Peak District) to be hardwearing and enduring, all buckles are aluminium, stress-points are bar-tacked and seams bound. We know how important a dependable backpack is, so you’ve also got the reassurance of a 25 year Alpine Bond warranty just in case.
Innovation is great (and necessary), but sometimes it pays to look back and see what has worked over the years… Wax cotton was used as a performance outdoor fabric for years before ‘MORE-Tex’ was invented and its still used today by those in extremes of weather day in and day out. - Hebe
- 25 Year Alpine Bond
- 20 litre technical waxed cotton backpack for hillwalking and travel.
- Waxed cotton is natural water resistant, durable, lightweight and supple.
- Designed and made here in our UK factory to be hardwearing and durable.
- We use dry waxed cotton to reduce transfer of wax onto your clothing.
- Padded back support makes it comfortable to carry.
- Single buckle and flap closure with a drawstring collar so that you can overstuff.
- Zipped pocket in lid for valuables and stuff you need to get to.
- Internal sleeve for 15” laptop makes it ideal for day-to-day use too.
Capacity: 20 l
Weight: 550 g
Outer fabric: 330 denier Dry Waxed cotton
Hardware: Aluminium tension hooks, YKK zip