Shuga Waterproof winter glove
Midweight waterproof insulated winter glove for winter mountaineering, alpinism and skiing; with long cuffs for keeping out the snow in the harshest conditions
An eye on the weather all week, counting down the days to the weekend when we can migrate North in search of ice or powder.
Durable, warm, waterproof, and designed for powdery days in the mountains… Shuga is our warmest and most protective glove.
With 200gsm Primaloft Gold insulation and long cuffs to keep out the snow and draughts, Shuga is designed for cold weather in the mountains, whether you’re skiing in the Alpine ranges or planning some Scottish Winter mountaineering closer to home. The PorelleDry insert acts as a waterproof and breathable barrier and the cuff sits below your jacket sleeve to keep out the wet when you bail off your skis, handle wet rope, or scrape away snow. If the snow does get in, the soft brushed lining holds moisture away from your skin to help you retain your warmth.
All this warmth would mean nothing if you couldn’t hold your ski poles with your gloves on… Shuga has articulated, pre-curved fingers and panelling around the thumb to help you maintain your dexterity when wearing them. The palm insulation is needle punched, making it thinner and more malleable so that you can hold onto your tools with minimal resistance from your gloves.
The Goatskin leather palm gives great friction, giving you good grip and reducing muscle fatigue from over-squeezing. The palm, fourchettes and crook of the thumb are reinforced with leather for durability, and the fingertips are wrapped to reduce wear.
We all have our strategies when it comes to gloves on those all-day epics, so we’ve added kitty clips and karabiner loops to make it harder for you to lose them!
What sets the Shuga after from our other gloves is the extra coverage provided by the long cuff/gauntlet style. If you’re going to be skiing deep powder or bashing up a snow-filled gully, the Shuga is what you want for all-out warmth and protection for your hands - Gabe
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
- Warm winter gauntlet with waterproof insert for cold weather protection in wet and snowy conditions.
- 200gsm Primaloft Gold insulation keeps your hands warm.
- PorelleDry breathable waterproof insert keeps the wet out for longer.
- Long cuff with with single-handed drawcord closure insulates your wrists, keeps out the snow and doesn’t slide off your jacket when you’re reaching above your head.
- Palm insulation is needle punched to be thinner and more malleable.
- Leather palm provides excellent friction for better grip without over-squeezing and less muscle fatigue.
- Reinforced wear points (palm, crook of the thumb) with wrapped leather fingers for durability.
- Soft Bemberg lining holds moisture away from the skin to help retain warmth even when damp.
- Articulated fingers and panelling around the thumb improve dexterity.
- Elasticated wrist helps to get a good fit.
Weight (each): 100 g
Outer: 100% Nylon Taslan
Insulation: Primaloft Gold, 200 gsm
Insert: PorelleDry breathable waterproof insert, 28 gsm, 57 micron, MVTR: >7000g/sqm/24hr, HH: >15000mm
Lining: 100% polyester bemberg lining
Palm: Goatskin leather