Gabbro Waterproof winter glove
Malleable and warm waterproof gloves, a true workhorse with a softshell outer to give you excellent protection without leaving you feeling restricted
£41.00 Was: £48.00
Bashing up that grade 2 gully, plunging your hands in the snow, the constant friction of handling ropes and the pressure of gripping our axes. We sure put our gloves through a beating, but better that than our hands!
The Gabbro is a durable workhorse of a winter glove, ideal for when you like your gloves waterproof, warm, not too bulky, and resistant against the regular use and abuse of mountain life.
With 100 gsm Primaloft Gold insulation and a pile lining that traps pockets of air to keep you even more insulated without adding loads of bulk, Gabbro gloves are excellent for technical activities in cold-weather environments. Think handling wet rope, using axes on less technical terrain, or traversing Tower Ridge. The PorelleDry insert provides a waterproof and breathable barrier and the cuff sits below your jacket sleeve to keep the moisture at bay. If you do get snow in your gloves, the pile lining holds moisture away from your skin so that you retain your warmth.
Gabbro is excellent for technical mountaineering and skiing. Articulated, pre-curved fingers with softshell side panelling, and shaping around the thumb help you maintain your dexterity when wearing them and the palm insulation is needle punched, making it thinner and more malleable. The softshell outer fabric has a bit of stretch to it so that you can grip your axe with minimal resistance from your gloves and the supple Goatskin leather palm gives great friction, giving you good grip and reducing muscle fatigue from over-squeezing.
Reinforcements in the palm and the crook of the thumb reduce wear from holding poles, tool use and rope handling, and wrapped leather over the fingers minimises wear to the finger tips.
We all have our strategies when it comes to gloves on those all-day epics, so we’ve added kitty clips and karabiner loops to make it harder for you to lose them!
Tough nylon outer face fabrics are all well and good, but they have a tendency to inhibit dexterity. A PorelleDry membrane and Primaloft insulation inside a softshell glove like the Gabbro gives almost the same level of protection but with much greater malleability and dexterity. - Gabe
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
- Durable and warm winter glove for all-round mountain use and abuse.
- 100gsm Primaloft Gold insulation and pile lining keeps your hands warm.
- PorelleDry breathable waterproof insert keeps the wet out for longer.
- Palm insulation is needle punched to be thinner and more malleable.
- Short cuff with single-handed drawcord closure fits comfortably inside your jacket cuff.
- Leather palm provides excellent friction for better grip without over-squeezing and less muscle fatigue.
- Reinforced wear points (palm, crook of the thumb) with wrapped leather fingers for durability when handling rope, tools and poles.
- Pile lining holds moisture away from the skin to help retain warmth even when damp.
- Articulated fingers and panelling around the thumb improve dexterity.
- Elasticated wrist helps to get a good fit.
Weight (each): 90 g
Outer: Softshell (92% polyester, 8% spandex)
Insulation: Primaloft Gold, 100 gsm
Insert: PorelleDry breathable waterproof insert, 28 gsm, 57 micron, MVTR: >7000g/sqm/24hr, HH: >15000mm
Lining: 100% polyester Pile lining
Palm: Goatskin leather