Frazil Softshell winter gloves
Windproof and weatherproof softshell glove, with zoned insulation so you can maintain dexterity whilst technical climbing, ski-touring and winter hiking
Some trips are about relaxing and pootling your way up a familiar route. Others involve taking off your overmitts and tackling some intimidatingly steep and thin Scottish mixed route, where your hands are sweating with nerves before you even start the walk-in.
Frazil gloves are designed to protect you from the cold but let you keep your dexterity, ideal for cold, dry and windy environments where you’re less likely to be elbow deep in snow and more likely to be doing some technical mixed climbing.
Frazil are made with stripped back construction and supple and stretchy fabrics for dexterity. Your palm has more natural insulation than the back of your hand, so the Frazil protects the back of your hand with 80 gsm Primaloft Gold insulation whilst the pile lining traps pockets of air to keep your palms toasty and helps retain warmth even when wet. This lets you feel what you’re doing better, making the Frazil gloves superb for technical climbing to winter walking and ski touring.
Articulated, pre-curved fingers and panelling around the thumb give you excellent manoeuvrability for handling ropes, adjusting your rucksack, or slipping your hands in and out of pole loops. The softshell fabric moves with you so that you can grip your tools without feeling restricted by your gloves, and the supple leather palm provides good friction for great grip and reduced muscle fatigue from over-squeezing. Simple hook and loop closure on the short cuff gives a good, snug fit and sits comfortably inside your jacket sleeve.
The crook of the thumb is reinforced for durability and the fingers are leather wrapped to reduce wear on the finger tips.
Frazil features a nose wipe for wiping the sweat off your brow when you get to the crux, and kitty clips and karabiner loops make it harder for you to lose them when you deglove.
For a glove that’s about warmth and dexterity, the zoned insulation through the back of the hand gives you a nice balance of both. The Primaloft Gold will keep insulating your hands even when wet but there’s still minimal layers between your hands and your poles/axes. - Gabe
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
- Windproof and weatherproof softshell glove for cold weather protection without sacrificing dexterity.
- Primaloft insulation on the knuckle-side only for excellent dexterity.
- Pile lining traps pockets of air for added insulation and wicks moisture away from the skin to retain warmth when wet.
- Articulated fingers and panelling around the thumb improve dexterity (we can tie our shoelaces with them on).
- Leather palm provides excellent friction for better grip without over-squeezing and less muscle fatigue.
- Reinforced wear points (crook of the thumb) with wrapped leather fingers for durability when using tools and poles.
- Nose wipe patch on thumb for, well, wiping your nose!
Weight (each): 70 g
Outer: Softshell (92% polyester, 8% spandex)
Insulation: Primaloft Gold, 80 gsm, knuckle-side only
Lining: 100% Polyester Pile lining
Palm: Goatskin leather