Rhombic Waterproof winter glove
Warm, burly and waterproof insulated winter gloves with 200 gsm Primaloft Gold a tough nylon shell for winter mountaineering, alpinism and skiing; with a wicking lining to retain warmth in damp conditions
£47.00 Was: £55.00
As soon as the season starts it’s every weekend, well as many as we can anyway… We pack the car on a Thursday night and, come Friday evening, we’re making the pilgrimage Northwards to face whatever the Scottish wintertime decides to throw at us…
Durable, warm, waterproof, and designed with Rowan’s Scottish Winter weekend trips in mind… Rhombic winter gloves protect you from the cold and wet in harsh winter conditions.
With 200gsm Primaloft Gold insulation, the Rhombic Glove is designed for cold weather in the mountains whether you’re skiing in the Alpine ranges or plotting a day-long epic on some Scottish Winter routes. The PorelleDry insert acts as a waterproof and breathable barrier and the cuff sits below your jacket sleeve to keep out the wet when you (inevitably) bail off your skis, handle wet rope, or scrape away snow. If the snow does get in, the soft brushed lining holds moisture away from your skin to help you retain your warmth.
All this warmth would mean nothing if you couldn’t use your tools… The Rhombic Glove has articulated, pre-curved fingers and panelling around the thumb to help you maintain your dexterity when wearing them. The palm insulation is needle punched, making it thinner and more malleable so that you can go about your business with minimal resistance from your gloves.
The Goatskin leather palm gives great friction, giving you good grip and reducing muscle fatigue from over-squeezing. The palm, fourchettes and crook of the thumb are reinforced for durability, and the finger tips are wrapped to reduce wear.
We all have our on-again, off-again strategies when it comes to gloves on those all-day epics, so we’ve added kitty clips and karabiner loops to make it harder for you to lose them!
After so much success with our Definition jacket, why fix what isn’t broke? We opted to use the same PorelleDry waterproof breathable technology in our top end gloves to keep rain/snow out and let your hands breathe to stay dry and comfortable. - Gabe
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
- Warm winter gloves with waterproof insert for cold weather protection.
- 200gsm Primaloft Gold insulation keeps your hands warm.
- PorelleDry breathable waterproof insert keeps the wet out for longer.
- Short cuff with single-handed drawcord closure fits comfortably inside your jacket cuff.
- Palm insulation is needle punched to be thinner and more malleable.
- Leather palm provides excellent friction for better grip without over-squeezing and less muscle fatigue.
- Reinforced wear points (palm, crook of the thumb) with wrapped leather fingers for durability.
- Soft Bemberg lining holds moisture away from the skin to help retain warmth even when damp.
- Articulated fingers and panelling around the thumb improve dexterity.
- Elasticated wrist helps to get a good fit.
Weight (each): 85 g
Outer: 100% Nylon Taslan
Insulation: Primaloft Gold, 200 gsm
Insert: PorelleDry breathable waterproof insert, 28 gsm, 57 micron, MVTR: >7000g/sqm/24hr, HH: >15000mm
Lining: 100% polyester Bemberg lining
Palm: Goatskin leather
What You Say: Customer Reviews and Comments
Used this product?Write a review
I'm going to do the dreaded partial review, I know! But these are the warmest gloves I've had. I've had a few too. Top brand ones. Used on my bike, dexterity still good. Cuff not too long if you need to tuck then in a coat. Cuff is quite thick as you'd imagine but not bulky . Or you can cinch the cuff with pull cords.
The inner didn't pull out during use, they feel like this will stay the case.