Mujo hinge style bouldering pad
12 cm thick bouldering pad for up to high level falls, an ideal main pad for frequent boulderers with a hinge fold and an adaptable, versatile backpack carry system
Sliding off Marie Rose, missing the dyno again after doing that delicate bit of Deliverance, when Seb dropped the top out on the Alliance on the flash attempt. Oddly enough, you tend to fall off a boulder more times than you top it out.
Compact enough to fit in a car boot yet thick enough to create a reassuringly protected landing zone, Mujo is the perfect full pad for boulderers who want good quality foam, bombproof construction and functional design without the frills.
Mujo has 3 carrying configurations. The comfy adjustable rucksack straps and waist belt can be removed so that they don’t catch or get muddy when you’re climbing, and the rucksack strap doubles up as a shoulder strap for hanging on another pad or boulder hopping. You’ve also got side grab handles.
Mujo measures 100 x 132 cm, with a hinge closure that can be folded round objects and large rocks. It contains two layers of foam: 8 cm open cell to absorb impact, and 4 cm closed cell to spread your weight across the pad so you don’t bottom out (compress your pad all the way to the ground). This foam lives in a tough 1100D Cordura shell with a DWR coating, sewn and bar-tacked by Dom and the gang in our UK factory to endure the abrasive nature of being a bouldering pad.
We fall off things a lot, so we make crash pads that can take a lot of falls. Our foam is crosslinked – a process which bonds molecules in the foam that would not usually link together to make it much stronger and reduce break down from repeated compressions. This makes our foam more shock absorbent and durable than other foams on the market.
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
- Hinge-style mid-sized bouldering pad with removable rucksack-style carry system.
- Designed and manufactured in our UK factory (just next door to HQ).
- Hinge closure can be folded around sharp objects and rocks and slows foam degradation for increased durability.
- 2 layer construction: open cell foam for shock absorption and closed cell foam for distributing your weight to prevent you from ‘bottoming out’.
- 3 carrying configurations: rucksack straps (removable) and waist belt, shoulder strap of grab handles.
- Grab handles on 3 sides help with spotting and boulder hopping.
- Secure 3 tension hook closure.
- Squared-off corners stop you from getting gaps in your multi-pad landing zone.
Outer: 1100 d Cordura, DWR coated
Base layer foam: 80 mm HLB22 polyether open cell foam; density: 19 – 23 kg/m3; hardness: 250 – 300 newtons
Top layer foam: 40 mm closed cell cross-linked polyethylene foam; density: 25 kg/m3
Hardware: aluminium tension buckles, YKK zips
Weight: 5 kg
Open size: 100 x 132 x 12 cm
Closed size: 100 x 66 x 24 cm
Removable rucksack style shoulder straps, waist belt.
Single shoulder strap attachments.
Lateral grab handles.
Product Care Information
To clean your bouldering pad, brush off excess dirt, wipe down with a damp sponge then leave to dry.
Our bouldering pads are made to endure. All our foam is protected by a 3 year Alpine bond, all bouldering pad ‘shells’ are protected by a 25 year Alpine bond. If you do want to replace your foam, you can buy new foam directly from us.