Mountain Ghost 140 synthetic sleeping bag
7˚C limit 1 season synthetic sleeping bag weighing 980 g, ideal for summer use in temperate climates
6 weeks of cycle-touring through France, backpacking in Snowdonia, mid-summer bivvying in the Lakes … sometimes you need to know that getting your kit damp won’t be the end of the world.
Mountain Ghost was made to give you extra reassurance of a good night’s sleep, even in damp conditions.
With 140 gsm of synthetic insulation, Mountain Ghost 140 is ideal for summer use in temperate climates. Synthetic fibres repel water and maintain some of their insulating properties when wet, drying quicker and staying more comfortable than down insulation in sustained damp conditions.
Simple stitch-thru construction keeps the weight low, with a roomy cut and soft-touch polyester fabric for comfort in warmer conditions. The 2-way full-length YKK zip is protected by an insulated anti-snag baffle.
Low maintenance, comfortable, with a respectable pack-down size; Mountain Ghost is the perfect partner for your self-supported summer adventures.
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
- 1 season sleeping bag for summer use
- Low-maintenance synthetic insulation
- Synthetic insulation retains thermal properties when wet
- Soft-touch polyester fabric is comfortable in warmer climates
- Stitch-Thru construction reduces weight
- 2-way full-length zip with insulated baffle
- Adjustable head closure and insulated neck baffle for snugness
- C6 DWR to keep the moisture at bay
- Internal pocket for valuables
- 4-way compression bag
|Thermal test results from the lab|
|TOG||Leeds Comfort||EN13537 Comfort||EN13537 Limit||EN13537 Extreme*|
|5||7 ˚C||10.8 ˚C||6.8 ˚C||-6.6 ˚C|
* The Extreme rating is the temperature at which the average woman can remain for six hours without risk of DEATH from hypothermia - but can still sustain cold injuries - under EN13537 conditions. We do not recommend using this bag in these weather conditions, or making your purchasing decision based on this value.
Fill quality: 140 g/m2 synthetic fibres
Inner: 240T ripstop polyester
Outer: 240T ripstop polyester
Weight: 980 g
Internal length: 185 cm
Internal width: 64 cm
Zip length: 160 cm
Stuff bag weight: TBC g
Packed size: ⌀ 21 x 32 cm
Compressed size: ⌀ 22 x 20 cm
How will you fit? Take a look at our Sleeping Bag Fitting Guide for guidance.
What You Say: Customer Reviews and Comments
Used this product?Write a review
Top 2 season Sleeping Bag
Used for 2 cycle touring trips plus summer camping, light enough and better than down for this country. Very comfortable and large enough for a 6ft adult. Its snug but not tight. Very pleased with the purchase especially considering the price. Many thanks
Good for Early Spring thru to early Autumn
An impulse buy from the Hathersage shop, I've used this five or six times now from late March to almost June on Little Mell Fell, Helvellyn Summit, Kinder Scout and Bleaklow - Temps ranging from 4c to 8c in a one man tent and a goretex bivvy. Each time its good neck baffle and excellent zip have kept the cold at bay and allowed my body temp to keep me warm. It squashes down surprisingly small, is nice and light and stays warm even when damp from dew or misty camp sites. Its been really easy to wash and is thoroughly recommended as long as its used within its prescribed temperature range. I'd NOT recommend it be used for any temps close to freezing as that would be pushing it.