Lotic 2016 Swimming Wetsuit [Mens] Open Water Swimming Wetsuit
Fine-tuned to maximise comfort and time in the water, a combination of flexibility, thickness and stretch makes Lotic our best all-round swimming wetsuit.
£99.00 Was: £135.00
In collaboration with Dean Jackson, we have developed Lotic; our own Alpkit wetsuit exclusively designed with open water and adventure swimming in mind.
Lotic is fine-tuned to enhance comfort for extended time in the water. The neoprene flexibilty, thickness and stretch combination is unmatched in the industry. This calibrates the buoyancy level for superior enhancement of the swimming experience. 3.5 mm at the back with 4 mm on the leg and butt give extra lift in the lower body to increase speed and reduce leg fatigue so that you can swim further! 2 mm arm pit and 2.5 mm chest and shoulder gives unrestricted arm movement. 1.5 mm on the collar and cuffs aid fit and comfort.
Glideskin outer give Lotic greater streamline through the water and gives the wetsuit excellent dirt and water repellency. It is also easier to clean and maintain. The low heat conduction of glideskin increases Lotic’s warmth.
The extremities features flashes of colour at the wrist and ankles for better visibility. Extra length in the leg for comfort coupled with nylon in the lower leg for durability in this high abrasion area.
See the Lotic in action in Katie Tunn's Mountain Short film. Here's the trailer:
The Lotic also comes in a Women's specific fit.
- Extra buoyancy in the legs for greater speed and energy conservation
- Glideskin outer for reduced friction and easier maintenance
- High flexibility around shoulders for unrestricted arm movement
- Red flashes at wrists and ankles for visibilty
- Abrasion resistant nylon on high wear points
- Integrated pouch for valuables
- Comfort neck
- Proven in UK waters from 8ºC
Small - 5’0” to 5’6” and 56-65kg
Medium - 5’4” to 5’10” and 64-73kg
Large - 5’10’ to 6’3” and 77-85kg
Short and Strong - 5’5” to 5’11"and 78-86 kg
X-Large - 5’11’ to 6’4’ and 83-95 kg
Medium Tall - 5’9’ to 6’3’ and 68-74 kg
2.5mm Chest (Glideskin) for core temperature retention
3.5mm Back (Glideskin) for core temperature retention
2.5mm Shoulder (Glideskin) for arm movement
1.5mm Lower Sleeve Cuff (Standard Neoprene) for durability and comfort
4mm Butt (Glideskin) for core temperature retention
2.5mm Crotch (Glideskin) for comfort
2mm Armpit Panel (Standard Neoprene) for ease of movement while swimming
4mm Upper Leg (Glideskin) for temperature retention and buoyancy
3mm Lower Leg Front (Standard Neoprene) for temperature retention and durability
2mm Lower Leg Back (Standard Neoprene) for temperature retention and durability
2.5mm Lower Leg Cuff (Standard Neoprene) for temperature retention and durability
• When you are pulling on your suit take care not to use your finger nails.
• Check your suit for fit and range of motion. Your suit will feel different when wet
• The neoprene collar and cuffs can be trimmed with scissors if they extend too far
• Rinse your suit out with fresh water after each use. Hang the wetsuit inside out and allow to dry away from direct sunlight or heat source.
• Store your suit in a cool room on a wide plastic coat hanger
• Roll your suit when transporting rather than fold
• Don’t use petroleum products with your suit as this will damage the neoprene
• Small tears can be reparid with neoprene cement/glue
Origin: United Kingdom
We have constructed the neckline to be lower and ergonomically fitted for comfort. The integrated pouch is perfect for keeping keys and other small valuables. Long zipper allows you to zip up without assistance.
What You Say: Customer Reviews and Comments
Used this product?Write a review
Really good first wetsuit
I bought the Lotic to use swimming in the Hebrides while on holiday.
As a first wetsuit it was near perfect. Warm and buoyant and allowed me to swim easily in some choppy and cold waters.
I'd had a bad experience in my first open water swim (a cold river swim I was totally unprepared for) but the Lotic made open water swimming really fun for me! Top marks