Filoment Hoody [Mens] Hydrophobic hooded down jacket
Incredibly light and packable 650 fill power hydrophobic down jacket, a warm mid-layer or top layer for Alpine starts and chilly evenings
£129.00 Was: £145.00
The sun is slipping below the mountain horizon as you start up the last pitch of the day, or maybe you’re trying to keep your load as light and compact as possible as you race across the dragon’s back.
Filoment is our most packable insulated jacket. It’s designed for active use, so it doesn’t get in the way on the technical bits and is versatile enough to fit into your layering system.
Narrow micro baffles give the Filoment an active, slim fit. It has a dropped, adjustable hem at the back and articulated arms that stop it from riding up when you’re reaching for that next hold or bending over to fit your snowshoes. The insulated zip baffle, chin guard and under-helmet hood keeps you well-defended against the cold.
Filoment also has two zipped hand warmer pockets, internal dump pockets and an external chest pocket for your phone, keys, and other valuables.
The outer fabric is a light yet durable 40gsm nylon with a DWR coating, well equipped to handle the demands of active use. The responsibly sourced 650FP down fill gives an excellent weight ratio. It’s also hydrophobic, so it retains loft in damp conditions and recovers better too.
Incredibly packable and light, Filoment is a staff favourite. We’ve worn ours on evenings around camp, Alpine starts, and even as part of our sleep systems on ambitiously minimalist mountain marathons.
DOWNTEK WATER REPELLENT DOWN
DownTek-treated down absorbs less water than untreated down. This means it retains its loft better in damp or humid conditions, dries quicker, and recovers better too, keeping you warmer in damp environments than untreated down. DownTek is environmentally safe - Bluesign approved, PFC, PFOA, and PFOS free – and uses only RDS certified down sources. Remember, it's better not to get your down wet – even water repellent down is no substitute for a waterproof shell!
RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD
We use only RDS certified down; all our down is audited by a third party to ensure that it comes from birds who are not live-plucked, force-fed, or mistreated. That’s good to know.
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
- Incredibly packable hooded down jacket for moving fast and light.
- An ideal cosy mid layer, lightweight top layer, or ultralight addition to your sleep system.
- 650 fill power duck down is warm and lofts well for its weight and pack size.
- Micro baffles give a slim profile, ideal for active use and layering up.
- An active cut, with long back and articulated arms to reduce cold spots when you’re stretching for a hold.
- Adjustable hood fits under your helmet.
- Insulated zip baffle with chin guard keeps out the wind.
- 2 hand pockets, 2 internal ‘dump’ pockets, and external chest pocket.
- Very small packed size (fits in a 1 litre airlok drybag).
- Low-profile lycra-bound elasticated cuffs sits comfortably under your shell sleeves.
- Downtek Water Repellent treated down recovers and performs better in damp conditions.
- A DWR coating keeps the moisture at bay.
- RDS certified ethically-sourced down.
S: 310/124 g; M: 335/132 g; L: 360/140 g; XL: 390/148 g; XXL: 400/156 g
Fill: 90/10 European duck down, RDS certified, Downtek Water Repellent
Fill Power: IDFB 650
Main Fabric: 100% nylon; 20 d mini ripstop nylon, 40 gsm
Lining: 100% nylon, 20 d, 36 gsm
What You Say: Customer Reviews and Comments
Used this product?Write a review
Great packable jacket
I've owned this cozy down jacket for well over a year now and I'm very pleased. It packs down very small given that it has a hood and it's not intended to be extremely minimalist and it's very warm. It still has DWR so quite handy for quick dashes in and out of the tent in bad weather. Great!