ArcticDream 1400 Hydrophobic down sleeping bag
-48 ºC limit 4-season Nikwax Hydrophobic goose down sleeping bag weighing 1900 g, for polar exploration, the greater ranges, and those once-in-a-lifetime adventures.
£449.00 Was: £499.00
It was to be the adventure of a lifetime. Cold, dry weather; remarkable landscapes; and an ever-growing kit list. You need a sleeping bag you can 100% depend on, one that won’t weigh you down on the way in, one that won’t fill your entire pack.
The ArcticDream was made to protect you against all but the harshest and coldest weather conditions, combining portability (low weight and compact pack-size) with incredible warmth to keep you safe and warm in cold and dry environments.
A classic expedition bag: the tapered anatomical cut helps you retain warmth, with a shaped shoulder baffle and snug hood to fend off the draughts. The lightweight nylon outer with DWR coating keeps out snow and moisture.
Vertical chest and foot baffles stop the down from migrating round your bag, preventing cold spots. Extra insulation at the feet keep your extremities warm.
NIKWAX HYDROPHOBIC DOWN
Nikwax Hydrophobic is a water repellent treatment that makes down less susceptible to humid conditions, staying lofted for longer and prolonging the overall lifespan of your down.
RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD
We use only RDS certified down; all our down is audited by a third party to ensure that it comes from birds who are not live-plucked, force-fed, or mistreated. That’s good to know.
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
- Light and compact expedition bag for cold, dry environments.
- Extra insulated snug hood
- Shaped shoulder and zip baffles keep out draughts
- Body-mapped vertical baffles reduce down migration
- Extra insulated foot box protects your extremities
- Anatomical tapered cut improves heat retention
- Cotton storage bag and compression stuff sack
- Lightweight expedition-grade fabric
- C6 DWR to keep the moisture out
- 750+ fill power Nikwax Hydrophobic goose down
- Excellent lofting capacity
- Internal pocket for valuables
- RDS certified
Temperature ratings are given in accordance with EN13537 so that you can compare our bags with other brands. The comfort rating is the lowest temperature that you might expect to have a 8 hours comfortable sleep in a relaxed position.
Extreme -79.2ºC ( ☠☠☠ )*
* Please note the Extreme rating is the temperature at which the average woman can remain for six hours without risk of DEATH from hypothermia - but can still sustain cold injuries - (under EN13537 conditions). We do not recommend using the extreme rating when purchasing bag, the Limit temperature is a much more relevant figure. Read more about EN13537 ratings.
Fill: 95/5 Chinese white goose down; RDS certified
Fill power: IDFB 750
Fill Weight: 1400 g
Outer: 20D Ripstop nylon
Inner: 20D nylon
Weight: 1900 g
Internal length: 210 cm
Internal chest width: 76 cm
Zip length: 165 cm
Compression bag weight: 110 g
Packed size: ⌀ 27.5 x 43 cm
How will you fit? Take a look at our Sleeping Bag Fitting Guide for guidance.