ArcticDream 1200 Hydrophobic down sleeping bag
- Full Description
- Features At A Glance
- Customer Reviews
It was to be the adventure of a lifetime. Cold, dry weather; remarkable landscapes; and an ever-growing kit list. You need a sleeping bag you can 100% depend on, one that won’t weigh you down on the way in, one that won’t fill your entire pack.
Although the bag has been specifically designed for cold dry adventures in areas such as Arctic Circle, Alaska and Siberia. The bag is also suited to any cold sleeper, who needs additional warmth at warmer but still sub-zero temperatures.
Tapered, box wall construction with 1200 g of down mapped around the body with concise baffle design - along with a specially shaped shoulder baffle and hood as well as more insulation around the foot area. The outer shell helps keep snow and moisture from entering the bag and the lining helps to keep you comfortable as the sun goes down.
A classic expedition bag: the tapered anatomical cut helps you retain warmth, with a shaped shoulder baffle and snug hood to fend off the draughts. The lightweight nylon outer with DWR coating keeps out snow and moisture.
Vertical chest and foot baffles stop the down from migrating round your bag, preventing cold spots. Extra insulation at the feet keep your extremities warm.
NIKWAX HYDROPHOBIC DOWN
Nikwax Hydrophobic is a water-repellent treatment that makes down less susceptible to humid conditions, staying lofted for longer and prolonging the overall lifespan of your down.
RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD
We use only RDS certified down; all our down is audited by a third party to ensure that it comes from birds who are not live-plucked, force-fed, or mistreated. That’s good to know.
- Light and compact expedition bag for cold, dry environments
- Extra insulated snug hood
- Shaped shoulder and zip baffles keep out draughts
- Body-mapped vertical baffles reduce down migration
- Extra insulated foot box protects your extremities
- Anatomical tapered cut improves heat retention
- Cotton storage bag and compression stuff sack
- Lightweight expedition-grade fabric
- C6 DWR to keep the moisture out
- 750+ fill power Nikwax Hydrophobic goose down
- Excellent lofting capacity
- Internal pocket for valuables
- RDS certified
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
|Thermal test results from the lab|
|TOG||Leeds Comfort||EN13537 Comfort||EN13537 Limit||EN13537 Extreme*|
* The Extreme rating is the temperature at which the average woman can remain for six hours without risk of DEATH from hypothermia - but can still sustain cold injuries - under EN13537 conditions. We do not recommend using this bag in these weather conditions, or making your purchasing decision based on this value.
Fill: 95/5 Chinese white goose down; RDS certified
Fill power: IDFB 750
Fill Weight: 1400 g
Outer: 20D Ripstop nylon
Inner: 20D nylon
Weight: 1700 g
Internal length: 210 cm
Internal width: 76 cm
Zip length: 165 cm
Compression bag weight: 125 g
Packed size: ⌀ 27 x 41 cm
Compressed size: ⌀ 27.5 x 27 cm
How will you fit? Take a look at our Sleeping Bag Fitting Guide for guidance.
What You Say: Customer Reviews and Comments
Used this product?Write a review
Simply put, the best sleeping bag I've ever used. Worth the extra weight in your pack to be toasty all night!
I used this for a fortnight in North East Greenland earlier this year.
Static camp and splitboard trip, so limited carrying and some opportunity to air and dry.
temps from -25 up to -5.
the bag performed excellently throughout these ranges, though -5 was getting difficult to regulate heat.
the bag is excellently featured, and showed no weak points despite a really abusive environment.
paired it with an alpkit bivi bag to keep off spindrift and general camp chaos.
Arctic dream 1200
Awesome bag keeps me warm and toasty while wildcamping . Only issue I have is the colour .not very inviting in a cold tent . Alpkit please change it to orange or red