ArcticDream 1200 Hydrophobic down sleeping bag
-33 ºC limit 4-season Nikwax Hydrophobic goose down sleeping bag weighing 1700 g, for polar exploration, the greater ranges, and those once-in-a-lifetime adventures.
It was to be the adventure of a lifetime. Cold, dry weather; remarkable landscapes; and an ever-growing kit list. You need a sleeping bag you can 100% depend on, one that won’t weigh you down on the way in, one that won’t fill your entire pack.
The ArcticDream was made to protect you against all but the harshest and coldest weather conditions, combining portability (low weight and compact pack-size) with incredible warmth to keep you safe and warm in cold and dry environments.
A classic expedition bag: the tapered anatomical cut helps you retain warmth, with a shaped shoulder baffle and snug hood to fend off the draughts. The lightweight nylon outer with DWR coating keeps out snow and moisture.
Vertical chest and foot baffles stop the down from migrating round your bag, preventing cold spots. Extra insulation at the feet keep your extremities warm.
NIKWAX HYDROPHOBIC DOWN
Nikwax Hydrophobic is a water repellent treatment that makes down less susceptible to humid conditions, staying lofted for longer and prolonging the overall lifespan of your down.
RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD
We use only RDS certified down; all our down is audited by a third party to ensure that it comes from birds who are not live-plucked, force-fed, or mistreated. That’s good to know.
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
- Light and compact expedition bag for cold, dry environments
- Extra insulated snug hood
- Shaped shoulder and zip baffles keep out draughts
- Body-mapped vertical baffles reduce down migration
- Extra insulated foot box protects your extremities
- Anatomical tapered cut improves heat retention
- Cotton storage bag and compression stuff sack
- Lightweight expedition-grade fabric
- C6 DWR to keep the moisture out
- 750+ fill power Nikwax Hydrophobic goose down
- Excellent lofting capacity
- Internal pocket for valuables
- RDS certified
|Thermal test results from the lab|
|TOG||Leeds Comfort||EN13537 Comfort||EN13537 Limit||EN13537 Extreme*|
* The Extreme rating is the temperature at which the average woman can remain for six hours without risk of DEATH from hypothermia - but can still sustain cold injuries - under EN13537 conditions. We do not recommend using this bag in these weather conditions, or making your purchasing decision based on this value.
Fill: 95/5 Chinese white goose down; RDS certified
Fill power: IDFB 750
Fill Weight: 1400 g
Outer: 20D Ripstop nylon
Inner: 20D nylon
Weight: 1700 g
Internal length: 210 cm
Internal width: 76 cm
Zip length: 165 cm
Compression bag weight: 125 g
Packed size: ⌀ 27 x 41 cm
Compressed size: ⌀ 27.5 x 27 cm
How will you fit? Take a look at our Sleeping Bag Fitting Guide for guidance.
Used this product?Write a review
I used this for a fortnight in North East Greenland earlier this year.
Static camp and splitboard trip, so limited carrying and some opportunity to air and dry.
temps from -25 up to -5.
the bag performed excellently throughout these ranges, though -5 was getting difficult to regulate heat.
the bag is excellently featured, and showed no weak points despite a really abusive environment.
paired it with an alpkit bivi bag to keep off spindrift and general camp chaos.
Simply put, the best sleeping bag I've ever used. Worth the extra weight in your pack to be toasty all night!
Arctic dream 1200
Awesome bag keeps me warm and toasty while wildcamping . Only issue I have is the colour .not very inviting in a cold tent . Alpkit please change it to orange or red