Gamma: How do I temporarily fix a broken Gamma Battery case?
This guide will help you fix your Gamma temporarily while you wait for a spare part from us or need to use the light before we get back to you.
If you need a spare part or any help, drop us an e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever had a piece of gear just break? Your rucksack strap? A tent pole? A glove? Normally a bit of duct tape and some zip ties will do the trick.
Someone stepped on my Gamma head torch. I confess I did it myself! (Jay) I had no other light to use and a journey ahead of me in the dark. Out came the Zip ties, elastic bands and duct tape. The bodge held, however after dismantling the worst mess ever, it suddenly came to me; an easy fudge to stop my old Gamma becoming land fill.
The lug missing from the battery case.
For this fudge all you need is three zip ties, and some scissors or a knife if you want it to look neat and tidy.
1. Take two zip ties and wrap them around the battery case so they tuck behind the plastic head band retainer
2. Add a third zip tie around the length of the battery case, try to tuck this under the zip ties you have already placed upright. Make sure it doesn't run through the straps or over the retaining plastic clip for the head strap. If you tuck one end under the wire it will stop it slipping off the top.
And that's it! It's as easy as that: a bit fiddly, but easy when you know how. Finally, cut off the long straggly bits.
If you need any more help, don't hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
Similarly tagged stickies: Gamma II Instructions, Blip Instructions, Bob Instructions, Boson Bike Light Instructions, Can I use Lithium or rechargeable batteries?, Fat Roo, Fuel Pod, Fuel Pod Large, Gamma 3 instructions, Gamma battery diagram - which way round?, Glowe lantern instructions, Hadron Bike Light Insight, Hadron Bike Light Instructions, Head Torch Functions - how to turn on the sidelights or change light colours on your Alpkit torch?, How to attach a Koala seat pack to your bike, How to roll up a dry bag, How to use your Gamma head torch, Koala, Lampray Instructions, Possum Frame Bags, Prism 100 Instructions, Prism 630 Instructions, Qark Instructions, Quark: How to remove the Qark strap, Sleeping Bag Fitting Guide, Tau Bike Light Instructions, Trinity Lantern Instructions, VIDEO: How to make your Stingray template, Viper Head Torch Instructions, Viper II, Where does it come from? Alpkit gear sourcing,
Didn't find the product you were looking for or can't remember it's name? Try searching again or clicking on a category.
Download instructions for your product
All about shopping at Alpkit
- Love Mud Wheels: 60 Day Test Ride
- 60 Day Love Mud Wheel trial
- Common Bike Upgrades: price list
- How much does international shipping for Sonder Bikes and Love Mud Wheels cost?
- Bulk Order Discount
- Accident replacement scheme
- Continuum Project
- Kilimanjaro Kit List: What to pack
- Alpkit Finance Options
- Keeping up with the exchange rate fluctuations
- Try Before Your Buy - Sonder Demo Bikes
- Where does it come from? Alpkit gear sourcing
- Can I swap a product in a bundle?
- SagePay US State Abbreviations and US State Postal Codes
- PayPal Payments
- Club or Group Discounts
- Website Problems
- Placing an order
- Shipping Options
- 123 Day Returns