Gamma: How do I temporarily fix a broken Gamma Battery case?
This guide will help you fix your Gamma temporarily while you wait for a spare part from us or need to use the light before we get back to you.
If you need a spare part or any help, drop us an e-mail - email@example.com
Have you ever had a piece of gear just break? Your rucksack strap? A tent pole? A glove? Normally a bit of duct tape and some zip ties will do the trick.
Someone stepped on my Gamma head torch. I confess I did it myself! (Jay) I had no other light to use and a journey ahead of me in the dark. Out came the Zip ties, elastic bands and duct tape. The bodge held, however after dismantling the worst mess ever, it suddenly came to me; an easy fudge to stop my old Gamma becoming land fill.
The lug missing from the battery case.
For this fudge all you need is three zip ties, and some scissors or a knife if you want it to look neat and tidy.
1. Take two zip ties and wrap them around the battery case so they tuck behind the plastic head band retainer
2. Add a third zip tie around the length of the battery case, try to tuck this under the zip ties you have already placed upright. Make sure it doesn't run through the straps or over the retaining plastic clip for the head strap. If you tuck one end under the wire it will stop it slipping off the top.
And that's it! It's as easy as that: a bit fiddly, but easy when you know how. Finally, cut off the long straggly bits.
If you need any more help, don't hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Repairs and Returns
- How we ship our products
- International orders - Ordering from outside the UK
- Finance Options
- Bulk Orders and what discounts are available
- Pre-Orders items - what are they and when will you get them?
- Ordering Custom Products
Help with your order
- When will you get your bike?
- Common bike upgrades
- Bike and frame weights
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Bike Hire and Demos
- International Shipping