Mechanical Engineer, Mountainbiker, Outdoorist, and Traveller with a penchant for the offbeat or unusual. Blogger, Tree Hugger, Bookworm, Earthling.
Impulsive, passionate, and possibly a little bit reckless… Favours the underdog.
I enjoy racing but I’m not a racer (Particularly stage races and ultra-endurance). I like the dynamic that racing brings to an adventure and I enjoy the impetus it gives me to push myself harder than I might. I’m also a Trail Runner, Snowboarder, Mountainboarder, bad Climber (semi-retired due to injury), Slackliner, and Carp Angler. I hold a PADI Open Water certification and I am a long serving member of the prestigious British Carp Study Group.
The earliest and most important influences that shaped my future-self included Biggles, Evel Kneivel, Asterix the Gaul, and The Wombles.
Current custodian of a small woodland and I’m particularly fond of Yorkshire tea, good coffee, and beer.
Favourite Alpkit stuff: Faro Shorts, anything Kepler, Velocity and Momentum socks. Atom. The Sonder Signal Ti.
- Countries visited: 35
- Yak Attack, Rumble in the Jungle, and Strathpuffer (solo) finisher – multiple times. (MTB)
- Circumnavigated Sri Lanka on a local singlespeed bicycle.
- Circumnavigated Eastern Nepal (Kanchenjunga) and Western Nepal (Rara Lake) – Bikepacking.
- Ultra Tour of the Peak District 60 mile Ultra Marathon.
- Everest Marathon - 5th placed international.
- Crazy Golf World Championships – 67th.
- English Amateur Freestyle Wrestling Champion – Twice.
Huffing and Puffing: Strathpuffer Part 2
Pete let's us in on his Strathpuffer experience
Huffing and Puffing: Strathpuffer Part 1
Neil Cottam tells his tale from Strathpuffer 2019
A helping hand for Helping Paws
A hare-brained scheme to help neglected street dogs
Jungle Rumble - Part 2
Sri Lanka mountain bike race
Jungle Rumble - Part 1
mountain bike stage race in Sri Lanka