Which gas canisters are compatible with your stoves?
Our gas stoves are designed to be compatible with EN417 compliant gas canister manufacturers, however variation in tolerances do occur across both manufacturers and batches so you should always check your canister works before relying on it in the wilderness. When testing in house, we have not experienced any issues with any canisters, however our customers have reported that Coleman canisters may need a little extra tightening to the stove.
Brukit - 100 g and 230 g canisters should fit nicely inside the BruKit along with the stove for storage. Some canisters have a slightly more protruding lip at the base; this can make a 230 g canister stick when packing away into the BruKit pot.
Landar - 450 g Coleman canisters are not compatible due to the profile of the canister
Most gas canisters available on the market will be suitable for summer use with very similar performance. Once you get to temperatures below 10 C, it is important to check to composition of the gas as certain mixes will perform better in cold weather than others. Compositions comprising of isobutane and propane perform well in colder temperatures.
Similarly tagged stickies:
Didn't find the product you were looking for or can't remember it's name? Try searching again or clicking on a category.
Download instructions for your product
Living with your Alpkit goodies and looking after them.
All about shopping at Alpkit
- Common Bike Upgrades: price list
- How much does international shipping for Sonder Bikes and Love Mud Wheels cost?
- Bulk Order Discount
- Accident replacement scheme
- Kilimanjaro Kit List: What to pack
- Alpkit Finance Options
- Keeping up with the exchange rate fluctuations
- Try Before Your Buy - Sonder Demo Bikes
- Where does it come from? Alpkit gear sourcing
- Can I swap a product in a bundle?
- SagePay US State Abbreviations and US State Postal Codes
- PayPal Payments
- Club or Group Discounts
- Website Problems
- Placing an order
- Shipping Options
- 123 Day Returns