Recycle your old electricals (WEEE)
The 'Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment" (WEEE) Directive helps us to take better care of the environment. We sell a lot of outdoor lighting, with a range of head torches and lanterns, but we often worry about where all those old lights go, whether they are previous Alpkit models or from another manufacturer we want to keep them out of landfill.
Through the WEEE Directive we are offering a free take-back of old electricals, BUT they have to be like for like products. So as much as we would love to take all your old washing machines and microwaves we can only accept a similar item. For example your old head torch (Old Faithful from your first camp away with scouts!) for your shiny new Gamma that you will take on lots of new adventures. You will have to cover the postage costs back to us, but on most torches or similar small outdoor electrical goods, it should be at most a couple of quid - a small price to help look after the natural world we all enjoy.
We understand that the fastest growing type of waste is unwanted electricals and we feel we can repair or recycle them instead of putting them in landfill and letting harmful toxins escape and harm the world around them. If you want to know if your used electricals can be recycled look for the crossed out Wheelie Bin symbol on the packaging or product. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol) in your bin.
If you want to find out more explore the Recycle Now website.
Similarly tagged stickies:
Didn't find the product you were looking for or can't remember it's name? Try searching again or clicking on a category.
Download instructions for your product
All about shopping at Alpkit
- I’ve received the wrong item, what do I do?
- Love Mud Wheels: 60 Day Test Ride
- 60 Day Love Mud Wheel trial
- Common Bike Upgrades: price list
- How much does international shipping for Sonder Bikes and Love Mud Wheels cost?
- Bulk Order Discount
- Accident replacement scheme
- Continuum Project
- Kilimanjaro Kit List: What to pack
- Alpkit Finance Options
- Keeping up with the exchange rate fluctuations
- Try Before You Buy - Sonder Demo and Bike Hire
- Where does it come from? Alpkit gear sourcing
- Can I swap a product in a bundle?
- SagePay US State Abbreviations and US State Postal Codes
- PayPal Payments
- Club or Group Discounts
- Website Problems
- Placing an order
- Shipping Options
- 123 Day Returns