Can I use Lithium or rechargeable batteries?
Our Gamma, Trinity, Glowe and Manta lanterns have not been designed to work with lithium or rechargeable batteries. These batteries have a high output during discharge which means they can cause the lights to overheat and possibly damage electronics and LEDs. We recommend using a good quality alkaline battery such as Duracell. Cheap batteries are more likely to leak and leave a gooey mess on the contacts.
We sometimes hear of batteries not working in the Gamma due to their size - after extensive research, well forgetting to get new batteries on most trips and having to buy anything from a cheap co-op or a really expensive re-chargeable in a hurry and I've found that even batteries all labelled triple A are of varying size.
Similarly tagged stickies: Gamma II Instructions, Blip Instructions, Bob Instructions, Boson Bike Light Instructions, Gamma 3 instructions, Gamma battery diagram - which way round?, Gamma: How do I temporarily fix a broken Gamma Battery case?, Glowe lantern instructions, Hadron Bike Light Insight, Hadron Bike Light Instructions, Head Torch Functions - how to turn on the sidelights or change light colours on your Alpkit torch?, Lampray Instructions, Prism 100 Instructions, Prism 630 Instructions, Qark Instructions, Quark: How to remove the Qark strap, Sleeping Bag Fitting Guide, Tau Bike Light Instructions, Trinity Lantern Instructions, Viper Head Torch Instructions, Viper II, Where does it come from? Alpkit gear sourcing,
Didn't find the product you were looking for or can't remember it's name? Try searching again or clicking on a category.
Download instructions for your product
All about shopping at Alpkit
- I’ve received the wrong item, what do I do?
- Love Mud Wheels: 60 Day Test Ride
- 60 Day Love Mud Wheel trial
- Common Bike Upgrades: price list
- How much does international shipping for Sonder Bikes and Love Mud Wheels cost?
- Bulk Order Discount
- Accident replacement scheme
- Continuum Project
- Kilimanjaro Kit List: What to pack
- Alpkit Finance Options
- Keeping up with the exchange rate fluctuations
- Try Before You Buy - Sonder Demo and Bike Hire
- Where does it come from? Alpkit gear sourcing
- Can I swap a product in a bundle?
- SagePay US State Abbreviations and US State Postal Codes
- PayPal Payments
- Club or Group Discounts
- Website Problems
- Placing an order
- Shipping Options
- 123 Day Returns