Jaran tent pitching instructions
So you’ve just got your lovely new tent and you’re ready to go on your next adventure. To make sure you can get your camp set up nice and fast here are some basic instructions for the Jaran.
1. The Jaran is an inner pitch first tent so start by spreading out the inner. Put some pegs at the corners now just to keep things in place while you get the tent sorted. If you’ve got a footprint put this down first with the inner tent over the top.
2. Get your poles out and slot them all together. The Jaran comes with one big bundle of poles. Join them all together and lay them over the inner tent. The shorter pole goes across between the doors.
IMPORTANT BIT!!! make sure the plastic bobbles where the poles cross each other are both pointing the same way - down towards the tent.
3. The poles all have a ball at each end that goes into a socket on the inner tent. There’s a socket on the black plastic bit at each corner of the groundsheet and a clear plastic clip above teach door.
4. Once the poles are clipped in hook the inner tent onto them. There are two circular plastic attachment points on the inner tent. These go onto the bobbles where the poles cross.
5. Now the inner is up get the outer ready. The Jarran isn’t quite symmetrical so you need to get the outer the correct way round. There are coloured tabs at each corner of both the inner and the fly. Match blue with blue and black with black.
6. Above each door there’s a plastic toggle that goes over the socket on the inner tent where the pole goes in. Do the velcro tabs up around the poles and hook the plastic tabs at the corners into the plastic clips on the inner (remember the colours need to match). You can adjust the tension of the flysheet at each corner.
7. Almost there, now you just need to make sure your tent is exactly where you want it and peg it out properly. Add some guy-lines for extra security (especially if it’s windy) and make sure the outer tent is pulled tight all across the frame and around the bottom.
8. Open up your tent, unpack your kit, lay our your sleeping bags to get all lofty and warm, stash your bags in the porch and then you’re ready to settle down for the night.
When you’ve woken up, rested and ready for another day outdoors, take the tent down and stuff it into the bag. The tent boffins now advise not folding your tents as this just puts creases in the same place so weakens the fabric. Ram it in there, it’s a tent not a school shirt!
Similarly tagged stickies: Brukit Jackal and Brukit Wolf, Bruler, Chilkoot softshell trousers, Clip, Cloud Cover, Customer Service Top Tips - Tarps, Dishwasher Safe - Can I put my cookware in a dishwasher?, Filoment Hoody, Gamma - How to change the battery pack?, Head Torch Functions - how to turn on the sidelights or change light colours on your Alpkit torch?, How breathable is the Hunka bivi bag?, How do I prevent condensation in my tent?, How our sleeping bags are tested, How to pack a Double Dozer, How to roll up a dry bag, Lampray, Ordos tent pitching instructions, Packing your sleeping bag in an Airlok, Phantac hydrophobic RDS jacket, Prism battery lock - How to save my batteries?, Self inflating camping mats - Alternative repair techniques, Self inflating camping mats - Find your puncture 2, Self inflating camping mats - Locating a puncture, Self inflating camping mats - Repairs, Self inflating camping mats - Repairs and care, Self inflating camping mats - Using in winter, Self Inflating Sleeping Mat Instructions - First use and care guide, Sleeping Mats and R values, Storing Gas in your BruKit, Tetri pitching instructions, Top Tarp Tips Part 1 - Continuous Ridge Line, Top Tarp Tips Part 2 - The Reflect Wedge, Top Tarp Tips Part 3 - Buried Sand Bags, Top Tarp Tips Part 4 - Kayak Bivvy, Top Tarp Tips part 5 - Van Attachment, Viso pitching instructions, Where does it come from? Alpkit gear sourcing,
Didn't find the product you were looking for or can't remember it's name? Try searching again or clicking on a category.
Download instructions for your product
Living with your Alpkit goodies and looking after them.
All about shopping at Alpkit
- How much does international shipping for Sonder Bikes and Love Mud Wheels cost?
- Bulk Order Discount
- Accident replacement scheme
- Kilimanjaro Kit List: What to pack
- Alpkit Finance Options
- Keeping up with the exchange rate fluctuations
- Try Before Your Buy - Sonder Demo Bikes
- Where does it come from? Alpkit gear sourcing
- Can I swap a product in a bundle?
- SagePay US State Abbreviations and US State Postal Codes
- PayPal Payments
- Club or Group Discounts
- Website Problems
- Placing an order
- Shipping Options
- 123 Day Returns