Is it possible to over-tighten stoves to gas canisters?
The short answer is yes. It is possible to over-tighten stoves which can damage the valve on the canister. This will stop gas coming out or could possibly make it leak. Different stoves will need a different amount of tightening but generally screwing it up until it feels secure is all that is needed. For example, with BruKits we advise screwing the burner onto a canister by four full rotations. In general though, if you're straining then its too tight.
Similarly tagged stickies:
Didn't find the product you were looking for or can't remember it's name? Try searching again or clicking on a category.
Download instructions for your product
Living with your Alpkit goodies and looking after them.
All about shopping at Alpkit
- Accident replacement scheme
- Kilimanjaro Kit List: What to pack
- Alpkit Finance Options
- Keeping up with the exchange rate fluctuations
- Where does it come from? Alpkit gear sourcing
- Can I swap a product in a bundle?
- SagePay US State Abbreviations and US State Postal Codes
- PayPal Payments
- Club or Group Discounts
- Website Problems
- Placing an order
- Shipping Options
- 123 Day Returns