Bear Bones guide to the Rig tarp
A lightweight tarp is a remarkably flexible shelter solution. It can be strung between two trees, propped up with a trekking pole, pulled out from a stone wall or even stretched over a bike. As a product things do not get much simpler, however the skills required to master this rectangular sheet of nylon are higher than you would need with a tent. Sometimes a little inginuity is called for but once mastered you will be rewarded with some amazing nights in the outdoors.
In this 2 part guide Stuart Wright of Bear Bones Bikepacking takes us through some classic tarp set ups.
Similarly tagged stickies: Bikepacking luggage for Mytimugs, Brukit Jackal and Brukit Wolf, Bruler, Cloud Cover, Dishwasher Safe - Can I put my cookware in a dishwasher?, Fat Roo, Filoment Hoody, Fitting the Exo-Rail system, Fuel Pod, Fuel Pod Large, Gamma - How to change the battery pack?, Hadron Bike Light Insight, Head Torch Functions - how to turn on the sidelights or change light colours on your Alpkit torch?, How big is Alpkit bike luggage in litres?, How to attach a Koala seat pack to your bike, How to attach your handlebar luggage to your bike, How to roll up a dry bag, Koala, Lampray Instructions, Phantac hydrophobic RDS jacket, Possum Frame Bags, Prism battery lock - How to save my batteries?, Pulsar waterproof top, Self-Inflating Sleeping Mats: First use and care guide, Stem Cell, VIDEO: How to make your Stingray template, Viper II, Which fabric? Our bike luggage fabrics explained, Why have Alpkit designed their own bikes?,
Didn't find the product you were looking for or can't remember it's name? Try searching again or clicking on a category.
Download instructions for your product
All about shopping at Alpkit
- I’ve received the wrong item, what do I do?
- Love Mud Wheels: 60 Day Test Ride
- 60 Day Love Mud Wheel trial
- Common Bike Upgrades: price list
- How much does international shipping for Sonder Bikes and Love Mud Wheels cost?
- Bulk Order Discount
- Accident replacement scheme
- Continuum Project
- Kilimanjaro Kit List: What to pack
- Alpkit Finance Options
- Keeping up with the exchange rate fluctuations
- Try Before You Buy - Sonder Demo and Bike Hire
- Where does it come from? Alpkit gear sourcing
- Can I swap a product in a bundle?
- SagePay US State Abbreviations and US State Postal Codes
- PayPal Payments
- Club or Group Discounts
- Website Problems
- Placing an order
- Shipping Options
- 123 Day Returns