Cabling Up a Sonder Evol
How does the Evol have such clean lines? We’ve tucked away the cables inside the downtube to neaten things up. At times, your cables may rattle. Don’t panic, all you need to silence it is Sonder Bike Guru Neil’s guide, a few zip ties (200 – 300mm), and a little bit of time...
1. Cable up your bike, getting everything to the right length and in the right position.
2. Detach your rear brake lever, shifter and dropper remote from the handlebar and slide the cables down inside the frame, pulling them out the bottom guide at the same time.
3. Get a fairly chunky zip tie (200-300mm is perfect) and pull it tight around all three cables about 2-3cm away from the exit port.
4. Cut the zip tie down so it’s a little longer than the diameter of the downtube, about 7cm is perfect, this will make the zip tie push the cables tight against the inside of the tube.
5. Thread the cables and zip tie back up into the frame (about 10-15cm - depending on size) and fit another zip tie in exactly the same way.
6. Thread the rest of the cables and the second zip tie up inside the frame leaving enough slack around the BB area for the shock to compress without pulling them.
7. Refit the cable exit cover
8. Reattach the controls to the handlebar
9. Give your bike a few drop tests and check for rattles, it should be nice and quiet!
10. Go ride!
Similarly tagged stickies: Are Sonder available outside the UK?, Can I get boost hub wheelsets in a standard hub size?, Can I run a tyre with a width outside of the recommended range for the wheelset?, Can I set up Sonder Frontier to run as a single speed, Can the Love Mud Juice be converted for a 15 x 100 mm axle?, Clip, Common Bike Upgrades: price list, Cycle to Work Schemes, Do wheelsets come with QR and bolt-through adapters?, Fat Roo, Filoment Hoody, Fuel Pod, Fuel Pod Large, Hadron Bike Light Insight, Head Torch Functions - how to turn on the sidelights or change light colours on your Alpkit torch?, How big is Alpkit bike luggage in litres?, How to attach a Koala seat pack to your bike, Is the Juice dynamo hub upgrade available on any wheels?, Koala, Phantac hydrophobic RDS jacket, Possum Frame Bags, Prism battery lock - How to save my batteries?, Pulsar waterproof top, Sleeping Bag Fitting Guide, Sonder bespoke frames and bikes, Stem Cell, Tau Bike Light Instructions, Try Before Your Buy - Sonder Demo Bikes, VIDEO: How to make your Stingray template, What pressure should I run my Trailblazers at?, What wheel sizes can Broken Road take?, What wheel sizes can Camino take?, What wheel sizes can Transmitter take?, When will my Sonder bike be despatched?, Which wheelset for which Sonder Bike?, Why have Alpkit designed their own bikes?,
Didn't find the product you were looking for or can't remember it's name? Try searching again or clicking on a category.
Download instructions for your product
Living with your Alpkit goodies and looking after them.
All about shopping at Alpkit
- Common Bike Upgrades: price list
- How much does international shipping for Sonder Bikes and Love Mud Wheels cost?
- Bulk Order Discount
- Accident replacement scheme
- Continuum Project
- Kilimanjaro Kit List: What to pack
- Alpkit Finance Options
- Keeping up with the exchange rate fluctuations
- Try Before Your Buy - Sonder Demo Bikes
- Where does it come from? Alpkit gear sourcing
- Can I swap a product in a bundle?
- SagePay US State Abbreviations and US State Postal Codes
- PayPal Payments
- Club or Group Discounts
- Website Problems
- Placing an order
- Shipping Options
- 123 Day Returns