Kepler Long John [Womens] merino base layer leggings
Merino leggings for cold weather layering: moisture-managing, temperature-regulating and odour-resistant, Core Spun with nylon for durability
£42.99 Was: £49.99
- Full Description
- Features At A Glance
- Care & Environmental Advice
- Size Guide
- Customer Reviews
Winter walking epics, hunkering down on hoarfrost-ed chairlifts or staving off sleeping bag shivers: an extra layer of woolly warmth is the best defence for when the mercury plummets and the bitter wind bites.
The Kepler Long Johns are the ideal addition to your cold weather layering system. The superfine (17.5 micron) merino we use has an excellent warmth to weight ratio and, as an ‘active fibre’, responds to temperature changes to keep you warm in the cold and cool when you’re working hard.
Merino is also highly breathable, transporting your body’s moisture vapour outside without feeling wet to the touch. Whether you’re slogging up a Munro in knee-deep snow or standing around on the summit waiting for your pals, you’ll stay warm and dry.
We’ve used Core Spun merino for underwear, a technology with all the benefits of merino but with added durability. It’s still merino on the outside but a nylon and spandex core produces a yarn that’s harder wearing and rebounds back into shape better than 100% merino.
Wool is a naturally odour-resistant material, meaning you can go longer between wash cycles on multi-day trips – kinder on the planet and anyone you’re sharing a bothy with.
Flat-lock seams, a low-profile waistband and next-to-skin cut ensure the Long Johns layer neatly under your outer trousers and the superfine merino is soft against the skin. We also only use merino from Australian non-mulesing farms for happy legs and happy sheep.
- High warmth to weight ratio of superfine merino and natural temperature regulation properties keep you warm in cold weather and cool when you heat up
- Merino Core Spun with nylon and spandex improves fabric durability, recovery and stretch whilst retaining all the benefits of merino wool
- Wool is naturally highly breathable, absorbing water vapour into the internal structure of the fibres before evaporating it, wicking away liquid sweat when necessary
- Merino is naturally odour resistant allowing you to wash it less frequently
- Next-to-skin cut and low-profile flat-lock seams enable easy layering
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
86% Merino / 12% Nylon / 2% Spandex (200 gsm)
Australian non-mulesing superfine 17.5 micron merino
157g (size 10)
Product Care Information
The better you look after this merino garment, the better it will look after you. Give your Kepler a long, happy life with these tips:
Hand wash your merino in lukewarm water, or gentle machine wash at 30°C.
Darn any holes as soon as possible so they don’t grow.
Avoid snagging, vigorous machine washing, putting your finger through the fabric, and hungry moths.