Growing up near the Catalan Pyrenees I’ve always had an attraction to mountains. I started climbing aged 14, but skiing took over for most of my teenage years, eventually becoming an instructor. It was only later, when I lived in the Dolomites, that climbing really took hold.
I make my living doing graphic design, but climbing has been the fabric that has knitted my life. In the last 20 years I’ve explored many corners of the world looking for things to climb. I especially enjoy the winter environment and the ephemerality of ice climbing. I’m based in London but I spend as much time climbing around the UK with my wife Viki and our trusty old camper van.
The Number Crunch:
- Sport Climbing: Redpoint 8a / Onsight 7c+
- Trad Climbing: E8 Headpoint / E6 Flash
- Mixed Climbing: M13+ redpoint / M11 Onsight
- Ice Climbing: Wi6+
- Scottish Winter: VIII, 8
- Ranked 27th in Ice Climbing World Cup (Saas Fee)
- Cryophobia M8+/Wi6. Canadia
- The Real Big Drip M8/Wi6+. Canada
- Mehr Power Wi6+. Kandersteg.
- Reise Integral Wi6. Kandersteg.
- Kraftwerk Wi6 (first ascent). Kandersteg.
- Steel Koan M13+. Canada.
- Neolithic M11 (Onsight). Canada
- My Piano E8. Nesscliffe, UK.
- Dalriada E7. Scotland
- Sundance VIII, 8. Scotland.
Senja Frozen Wonderland
Winter climbing in Norway
Scratch & Win
Ramon heads North for some winter climbing training
Against The Ebbing Tide
A perfect summer for "recovery" climbing
climbing frenzy at Nesscliffe, Shropshire
The Red Gold
Climbing at Red River Gorge
Hard graft & blunt picks
Scottish winter climbing
FixeRoca Siurana rope tested
Testing the FixeRoca Siurana rope
Steel Koan M13+
Summing up the last few ascents in Canada
Euro Training Camp
Ramon tries to find ice
Gaining the margins
Ramon climbs Marginal Gains M11
So summer, so good
Ramon enjoys his summer of climbing
Wake up, Rack up, Man up
climbing Scottish sea cliffs from Reiff to Pabbay
Push the Button
Ramon visits Siurana for some sun
Careful Torque for Ramon
Ramon climbs Careful Torque M11
White Goods 2013
Annual dry tooling meet in North Wales.
Drytooling at White Goods.
The “Goods” bootcamp
Drytooling at White Goods
8a with no spurs
Sport climbing 8a