News - update on all things Alpkit
Wanted: Marketing Assistant
03, Apr, 2019
We're wanting a helping hand to help spread our Go Nice Places, Do Good Things ethos
We’re on the lookout for a passionate propagator to assist in spreading our Go Nice Places, Do Good Things message! As we grow, so too does our desire to inspire, so we need someone who can help expand our reach.
Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager, this dynamic role involves the running of Alpkit Unplugged, so needs someone with just the right amount of creative flare to help write News pieces, co-ordinate with Alpkiteers for tales of their Daring Deeds, manage our events and help spread the word across a multitude of channels.
- Manage the day-to-day running of all forms of Social Media for both Alpkit and Sonder, actively engaging customers whilst keeping the Alpkit tone of voice
- Create and coordinate compelling online content to support marketing activity both in the UK and Internationally.
- Support the writing of News articles, Daring Deeds, Spotlights, Kudos, Press Releases and Social Media content, taking direction from the Marketing Manager
- Work with the Online team and PR support to ensure data capture from various sources and track campaign effectiveness through Google Analytics and other insight software – providing feedback and reports to the Marketing Manager
- Maintain contact with all relevant online and print publications and blogs etc working closely with PR support to distribute products for Kudos, press releases and coordinate ad campaigns.
- Assisting the Marketing and Creative teams with support for photoshoots by managing how photoshoot stock is processed, kept and accounted for.
- Support responses to sponsorship requests via website, social media and email.
- Coordinate with Alpkiteers to communicate Alpkit marketing activity and obtain monthly/yearly plans, Daring Deeds and product feedback
- Help with the development of a comprehensive marketing calendar aligning Alpkiteer plans and product launches with marketing objectives
- Manage events ensuring they are treated as extensions of our existing retail spaces.
- Communicate marketing campaign plans with Alpkit stores and assist in the creation and promotion of store events
- Be willing and able to work flexibly, being reactive to any ad-hoc tasks that may arise
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- A Passion for people and experince in using Social Media platforms in a professional environment
- Confidence to react and engage with customers
- Demonstrable commercial flair and product knowledge
- Ability to provide the high levels of Customer Service expected at Alpkit
- Experience of working in a fast paced retail environment
- Experience in dealing with running multiple campaign deadlines and ability to prioritise tasks accordingly
- Ability to create and maintain process documentation to ensure consistency of work.
- Creative, practical and able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- High level of computer literacy and dealing with spreadsheets, databases, email and internet
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Comfortable with working occasional weekends and long hours at events
- Outdoor enthusiast
- Full UK driving License
Beneficial but not required
- Knowledge of the outdoor industry
- Experience using Khaos Control
- Experience with Photoshop
- Fluency in additional languages, especially French, Italian, Spanish or German.
How to apply
We have a relaxed office environment but we work hard. Tea (and coffee for the non-believers) is always to hand, decent music is almost always on but when there is stuff to do, we knuckle down and get on with the job.
If you are interested after reading that, then email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, clearly stating the position you are applying for.
POSITION AVAILABLE FROM IMMEDIATE EFFECT. CLOSING DATE 14TH APRIL
Customer experience is placed at the heart of Alpkit operations: our website is key to this. A customer can call us directly and through one of our Customer Service Heroes get information straight from the product manager, the CEO or a founder of the company – or even speak with them directly.
We strive to be with our customer throughout their journey with us. The product team aim to design quality, long lasting products. Our purchasing team work closely with our supply partners to ensure that we can be fast to react to customer feedback whilst ensuring availability of products when customers want them. The creative and IT teams focus upon making an easy experience for our customers through their purchasing process with us. Should our customers have any issues during at any point during their journey with us, our customer service heroes and store teams are on hand to help.
Our entire operation works to continually improve the Alpkit experience for our customers, from increasing product range and performance, to addressing customer concerns such as minimising plastic use and improving our internal systems to advance our service. We are a multi-award winning adventure sports brand and retailer. Our pursuit of great customer experience is at the core of what we do.
Share your thoughts about this article.