Starts: May 23, 2017
Location: Alpkit Hathersage, The Square, Main Road, S33 1BB Hathersage
Injury prevention, balance, stability, and strengthening yoga drop-in aimed at cyclists, climbers, and runners.
It’s the beginning of the week; a weekend of adventure has left you with a stiff neck, hunched shoulders, and tight hamstrings. Hmm, probably should have done some post-adventure stretching.
We revel in the gnarly side of adventure, we love pushing our bodies to the limit, and we accept the aches and pains that come and go along the way. What we forget is that some aches and pains are preventable.
Most of us don’t commit enough time to balancing out our bodies, so we need to make every moment count. Enter Alice McNeil, chartered physiotherapist and registered yoga teacher with an ITEC Diploma in Sports Massage, and a degree in Outdoor Studies. On top of all of these qualifications, she brings her personal experiences of adventure sports, injury, and rehabilitation to the sessions.
Developed with adventure sports in mind, this physiotherapist led class aims to help prevent injury through creating balance, strength and stability in body and mind.
Whether you’re a complete beginner or experienced practitioner, anyone is welcome to join us for this drop in session, and cyclist, runners and climbers will find it particularly complimentary to their sport.
About Hope Yoga
After sustaining a back injury during a 20,000 km cycling honeymoon, Alice McNeil, founder of Hope Yoga, used a combination of yoga and physio to successfully rehabilitate. So, after much more formal training, Hope Yoga was born. Her aim is to use a combination of physiotherapy and yoga to create more mindful rehabilitation, for body and mind.
Session price: £6 each
- SofA MTB Coaching Ride November 18, 2018
- Ambleside Sunday Social Runs November 11, 2018
- Peak District Social Run November 10, 2018
- SofA Paddling Derwent River August 26, 2018
- SofA Navigation Skills VI August 19, 2018
- SofA Caving Deeper Underground August 12, 2018
- SofA MTB Coaching Ride August 5, 2018
- SofA Climbing Skills Builder July 29, 2018
- SofA Guided Family Weaseling Walk July 22, 2018
- SofA Wet & Wild Caving July 21, 2018
- SofA Bouldering Skills Builder July 15, 2018
- SofA Navigation Skills V July 14, 2018
- SofA MTB Skills Day II July 8, 2018
- SofA Paddling Toddbrook/Combs Reservoir II July 1, 2018
- SofA Climbing Skills Builder III June 24, 2018
- SofA Navigation Skills IV June 17, 2018
- SofA MTB Advanced Ride II June 10, 2018
- SofA Bouldering Skills Builder III May 17, 2018
- Massage Therapy for Adventure Sports April 13, 2018
- Ambleside Easter Eggstravaganza March 30, 2018