Location: Alpkit Hathersage, The Square, Main Road, S33 1BB Hathersage
Injury prevention, balance, stability, and strengthening yoga drop-in aimed at cyclists, climbers, and runners.
It’s the beginning of the week; a weekend of adventure has left you with a stiff neck, hunched shoulders, and tight hamstrings. Hmm, probably should have done some post-adventure stretching.
We revel in the gnarly side of adventure, we love pushing our bodies to the limit, and we accept the aches and pains that come and go along the way. What we forget is that some aches and pains are preventable.
Most of us don’t commit enough time to balancing out our bodies, so we need to make every moment count. Enter Alice McNeil, chartered physiotherapist and registered yoga teacher with an ITEC Diploma in Sports Massage, and a degree in Outdoor Studies. On top of all of these qualifications, she brings her personal experiences of adventure sports, injury, and rehabilitation to the sessions.
Developed with adventure sports in mind, this physiotherapist led class aims to help prevent injury through creating balance, strength and stability in body and mind.
Whether you’re a complete beginner or experienced practitioner, anyone is welcome to join us for this drop in session, and cyclist, runners and climbers will find it particularly complimentary to their sport.
About Hope Yoga
After sustaining a back injury during a 20,000 km cycling honeymoon, Alice McNeil, founder of Hope Yoga, used a combination of yoga and physio to successfully rehabilitate. So, after much more formal training, Hope Yoga was born. Her aim is to use a combination of physiotherapy and yoga to create more mindful rehabilitation, for body and mind.
Session price: £6 each
Hathersage Store Events
- School of Adventure: Peak Caving Experience
- Afternoon to Explore the Peak District In partnership with Brompton Bikes.
- School of Adventure: Introduction to Mountain biking
- SofA Climbing Skills Builder
- SofA Navigation Skills
- An Evening with Nicky Spinks
- SofA MTB Skills Days
- Introduction to Fell Running
- SofA MTB Advanced Rides
- Alpkit Hathersage Evening Talks
- SofA MTB Coaching Rides
- Saturday Peak District Social Run
- Friday Massage Therapy for Adventure Sports
- Tuesday Yoga for Adventure Sports
Ambleside Store Events
- Social Swim with Alpkit Ambleside
- Lake District Photo Walk
- Alpkit Beach Clean in association with Colourful Coast Partnership
- Fluid Trails MTB Coaching Ride - ‘FIND YOUR FLOW’
- Ambleside Sunday Social Runs