Location: Thornbridge Outdoors
Want to taking jumps and bigger drops with more control? This is the course for you.
Based at the skills park at Thornbridge Outdoors, this course focuses on the key skills required to develop your jumping at any level and to handle drop-offs confidently. You’ll look at footwork, body and head position as well as energy management (pumping). Your coach will assess your current riding and identify areas for improvement before progressing and adding new skills to your riding toolbox.
Available days: April 21st, August 11th
How to Book
Simply call the Alpkit Hathersage store and they will book you on to your chosen activity and provide any further details you may need to know.
T. 01433 730930
Participants must be aged 15+
Participants must have prior biking experience, and feel comfortable on a mountain bike.
Our instructors for each activity are provided through Thornbridge Outdoors and are all fully qualified.
On the day
This is a full day session.
Be at store by 9.30 for 10am start.
We’ll be back at around 4:30pm
What to bring
- Mountain Bike
- Water (1 litre minimum)
- Clothing and kit to stay warm, whatever the weather
- Any medication that you may need
- Lunch and snacks
- Spares for your bike - e.g. an inner tube or 2.
Hathersage Store Events
- School of Adventure: Peak Caving Experience
- Afternoon to Explore the Peak District In partnership with Brompton Bikes.
- School of Adventure: Introduction to Mountain biking
- SofA Climbing Skills Builder
- SofA Navigation Skills
- An Evening with Nicky Spinks
- SofA MTB Skills Days
- Introduction to Fell Running
- SofA MTB Advanced Rides
- Alpkit Hathersage Evening Talks
- SofA MTB Coaching Rides
- Saturday Peak District Social Run
- Friday Massage Therapy for Adventure Sports
- Tuesday Yoga for Adventure Sports
Ambleside Store Events
- Social Swim with Alpkit Ambleside
- Lake District Photo Walk
- Alpkit Beach Clean in association with Colourful Coast Partnership
- Fluid Trails MTB Coaching Ride - ‘FIND YOUR FLOW’
- Ambleside Sunday Social Runs