Location: Borrans Park Observatory
A sure-fire way to kick start your day - a dip in Windermere with the Alpkit Ambleside store heroes!
Meeting at Borrans Park Observatory for 8am, hold your breath and make a splash!
Hot coffee (and maybe some fresh croissants too!) will be brought down to the shore to warm you back up.
Borrans Park Obervatory (the little Stone building in the park next to Wateredge Inn).
Not sure where that is? Wander down from Alpkit Ambleside store with the team at 7:45am
Address: Alpkit Ambleside, 100 Lake road, Ambleside, LA22 0DB
8am Wednesday 17th April:
What to bring:
Swimsuit or Wetsuit...
Warm clothes and a towel
A buoyancy aid is always recommended
How far will be swimming:
As little or as far as you like!
No Wetsuit but keen to try one out?
Get in touch with the team at Alpkit Ambleside, we have a small stock of demo suits which you can try out. Please arrange in advance.
Tel: 015394 54954
Note: This isn't a guided swim, everyone taking part should be a competant swimmer and self sufficient.
Hathersage Store Events
- School of Adventure: Peak Caving Experience
- Afternoon to Explore the Peak District In partnership with Brompton Bikes.
- School of Adventure: Introduction to Mountain biking
- SofA Climbing Skills Builder
- SofA Navigation Skills
- An Evening with Nicky Spinks
- SofA MTB Skills Days
- Introduction to Fell Running
- SofA MTB Advanced Rides
- Alpkit Hathersage Evening Talks
- SofA MTB Coaching Rides
- Saturday Peak District Social Run
- Friday Massage Therapy for Adventure Sports
- Tuesday Yoga for Adventure Sports
Ambleside Store Events
- Social Swim with Alpkit Ambleside
- Lake District Photo Walk
- Alpkit Beach Clean in association with Colourful Coast Partnership
- Fluid Trails MTB Coaching Ride - ‘FIND YOUR FLOW’
- Ambleside Sunday Social Runs