Location: Alpkit, Hathersage, The Square, Main Road, S32 1BB
A full day navigation workshop to introduce you to the fundamental skills of map reading, for a good grounding in map reading techniques and hands on experience.
Dates: October 13th | November 17th | December 22nd
Welcome to to the Alpkit School of Adventure based in Hathersage. The school is brought to you by Pure Outdoors and the Alpkit Foundation to give more people the skills and the means to Go Nice Places and Do Good Things. All courses are led by qualified instructors from Peak District based Pure Outdoors. Places on these courses are made affordable and accessible thanks to the Alpkit Foundation, who subsidise every single ticket.
October 13th | November 17th | December 22nd
Alpkit School of Adventure: Navigation Workshop
A practical 1 day navigation workshop based from Alpkit, Hathersage.
This navigation workshop will introduce you to the fundamental skills of map reading using OS maps. An initial, short, theory session followed by a full day out on the hills, gives you plenty of opportunity to practice and gain advice and encouragement from your school of adventure instructor. By the end of the day you will have a good grounding in map reading techniques and some experience of using a compass.
Start Time: 09:30am
Finish Time: 16:00pm
Equipment: Laminated maps provided, several compasses available to borrow, also available to buy from the Alpkit store. You will need a packed lunch, suitable walking footwear and waterproofs.
Min Age: From age 13+. Under 16's must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
Note: Expect to walk approximately 10km throughout the day. The day will start and finish at the Alpkit shop and we will be walking from Hathersage, so if bringing a car, please park somewhere suitable for the full day.
Please call the Hathersage store on 01433 730 930 for more details. Or book tickets through the 'Official Site' or Facebook below.
Hathersage Store Events
- School of Adventure: Peak Caving Experience
- Afternoon to Explore the Peak District In partnership with Brompton Bikes.
- School of Adventure: Introduction to Mountain biking
- SofA Climbing Skills Builder
- SofA Navigation Skills
- An Evening with Nicky Spinks
- SofA MTB Skills Days
- Introduction to Fell Running
- SofA MTB Advanced Rides
- Alpkit Hathersage Evening Talks
- SofA MTB Coaching Rides
- Saturday Peak District Social Run
- Friday Massage Therapy for Adventure Sports
- Tuesday Yoga for Adventure Sports
Ambleside Store Events
- Social Swim with Alpkit Ambleside
- Lake District Photo Walk
- Alpkit Beach Clean in association with Colourful Coast Partnership
- Fluid Trails MTB Coaching Ride - ‘FIND YOUR FLOW’
- Ambleside Sunday Social Runs