Location: Alpkit Hathersage
We’ve teamed up with Edge Sports Massage to bring you a soft tissue therapy service aimed particularly at the needs of the outdoors athlete.
Whether you're in training for something big or a weekend warrior, we all need some maintenance from time to time. Led by a true outdoor enthusiast (in every sense of the word), Amanda (MSc, Dip SM) launched Edge Sports Massage to help us all keep our adventures rolling. Here's a bit about Amanda:
"Im a hybrid outdoor adventurer really, and dabbled in a bit of allsorts over the last 15 year from Alpine and Scottish winter climbing, ski mountaineering, big road rides like the Fred Whitton, Mountain Marathon’s, trad climbing and a terrible boulderer, but these days mainly found out and about trotting over the moors or on my road or cross bike with my Border-Jack trail dog Maggie Moo! My background is Psychology and Sports and Health MSc and I recently qualified in Sports Massage as I've been a huge advocate of it from my own experience of injury and recovery… and I've had plenty of accidents and injuries as a result of my love of the outdoors!"
What Edge Sports Massage can do for you:
- General maintenance of tissues and muscles to prevent injury, aid recovery and reduce tension.
- Rehabilitation from injury by reducing and preventing scar tissue and relaxing tension.
- Recovery from events or heavy efforts and training to prevent tensions developing.
- Preparation for events, races or heavy efforts.
- Wellbeing and mental health by aiding relaxation, reduction in muscular tension.
Amanda will be operating from Alpkit Hathersage every Friday from 10:00-17:30 and you can book yourself on either a 30 or 60 minute session. To find out more information about Edge Sports Massage, Amanda or any of the services provided, head over to the website.
We highly recommend booking your session by emailing Amanda directly - firstname.lastname@example.org - or heading to the booking section of the website to guarantee your treatment and avoid any waiting time.
Session price: From £22
Hathersage Store Events
- SofA MTB Skills Days
- Introduction to Fell Running
- SofA MTB Advanced Rides
- Alpkit Hathersage Evening Talks
- SofA MTB Coaching Rides
- Saturday Peak District Social Run
- Friday Massage Therapy for Adventure Sports
- Tuesday Yoga for Adventure Sports
Ambleside Store Events
- Social Swim with Alpkit Ambleside
- Lake District Photo Walk
- Alpkit Beach Clean in association with Colourful Coast Partnership
- Fluid Trails MTB Coaching Ride - ‘FIND YOUR FLOW’
- Ambleside Sunday Social Runs