Location: Alpkit Hathersage
Head out on the hills for a guided run over the type of terrain you’d encounter on a fell run / fell race. Plus some coaching tips for dealing with uphill, downhill and rough ground.
Have you ever wanted to have a go at fell running but aren't sure where to go or what you need? Or maybe you've already tried it but want to learn more and improve your technique.
Head out on the hills for a guided run over the type of terrain you'd encounter on a fell run / fell race. Plus some coaching tips for dealing with uphill, downhill and rough ground.
You don't need to be super fit to take part as the run will be stop / start and done at an easy pace although there will be some hills. (As a guide you should be able to run 10k in 60 mins)
Length of run approximately 8km (5 miles)
You'll also have the chance to ask fell running guide Dave Taylor about any kit advice and what you should take out with you in order to be prepared for anything.
- Normal running clothing.
- Trail / fell running shoes with good grip.
- Waterproof jacket, hat & gloves (dependent on weather)
There will be two sessions available:
- Morning Session - 09:30-12:00
- Afternoon Session - 13:00-15:30
Please try to arrive at store 15 minutes prior to the start time.
For any further information, feel free to call the Hathersage store Heroes on 01433 730930
Hathersage Store Events
- SofA Climbing Skills Builder
- SofA Navigation Skills
- An Evening with Nicky Spinks
- SofA MTB Skills Days
- Introduction to Fell Running
- SofA MTB Advanced Rides
- Alpkit Hathersage Evening Talks
- SofA MTB Coaching Rides
- Saturday Peak District Social Run
- Friday Massage Therapy for Adventure Sports
- Tuesday Yoga for Adventure Sports
Ambleside Store Events
- Social Swim with Alpkit Ambleside
- Lake District Photo Walk
- Alpkit Beach Clean in association with Colourful Coast Partnership
- Fluid Trails MTB Coaching Ride - ‘FIND YOUR FLOW’
- Ambleside Sunday Social Runs