Location: Alpkit Ambleside
Find your flow! Come and join local mountain bike guru and Alpkiteer Charley from Fluid Trails on a fun and relaxed day ride from the Alpkit store in Ambleside.
Aimed at those who want to build confidence on the more rocky and challenging trails typical of the Lake District. On our journey Charley will help you to identify any bad habits holding you back and provide you with all the tools necessary to take your riding onto the next level. During the day we will be covering some fundamentals such as body position and movement, line choice, cornering, braking and techniques for tackling obstacles. All of the coaching will be done in a relaxed manner whilst on the move, and bespoke to each riders requirements.
Aimed at riders happy to tackle trail centre red routes, but want to ride this level of trail with more confidence and flow! If you feel that you are close to this level but not sure, don’t hesitate to contact Charley or the guys at the Alpkit store to find out more.
We will be out all day, covering a distance of approximately 20km, so a reasonable level of fitness is required. Please note – there will be hills, plenty of hills!
Keep an eye out for an ‘ Introduction to Lakeland riding’ coming soon if this is a bit beyond your current level, or contact Charley at Fluid Trails for other options.
How to Book:
Simply call the Alpkit Ambleside store directly and they will book you on:
Call the store on : 015394 54954
For more information on the course, please contact Charley:
Max 8 people
Who can come?
Adults (and those age 15 - 17 if accompanied by an adult on the day)
If you have someone who is younger than this but better than you, please give Charley a shout as we do sometimes make exceptions!
Charley Oldrid is a highly experienced and qualified local mountain bike guide, Alpkiteer and Sonder bikes rider. His company Fluid Trails provides guided rides and skills coaching aimed at all levels, he is passionate about getting people smiling on bikes! Give him a shout if you have any questions about the day, he is always happy to help!
On the day:
This is a full day session, starting and finishing at the Alpkit Store in Ambleside,
Address: 100 Lake Rd, Ambleside LA22 0DB
Arrive for coffee and a friendly, relaxed briefing at 9.30am
We’ll aim to be back at around 4:00pm for cake, refreshments and excitable debrief!
What to bring:
- A suitable mountain bike - please make sure this is in good working order and with good solid tyres showing plenty of tread.
- Helmet (no helmet, no ride!)
- Bag – preferably a hydration sac which is big enough to carry……
- Water (1ltr minimum)
- Packed lunch
- Waterproof jacket
- Spare layer (midweight fleece or similar)
- A spare inner tube or two
If you would like to try one of our Sonder demo bikes for the ride, please contact the store well in advance to make sure we have the right bike for you.
Hathersage Store Events
- SofA Climbing Skills Builder
- SofA Navigation Skills
- An Evening with Nicky Spinks
- SofA MTB Skills Days
- Introduction to Fell Running
- SofA MTB Advanced Rides
- Alpkit Hathersage Evening Talks
- SofA MTB Coaching Rides
- Saturday Peak District Social Run
- Friday Massage Therapy for Adventure Sports
- Tuesday Yoga for Adventure Sports
Ambleside Store Events
- Social Swim with Alpkit Ambleside
- Lake District Photo Walk
- Alpkit Beach Clean in association with Colourful Coast Partnership
- Fluid Trails MTB Coaching Ride - ‘FIND YOUR FLOW’
- Ambleside Sunday Social Runs