Location: Alpkit Hathersage
Join us for a day of climbing in one of the UK’s top climbing spots
Date: 15th June
There was always an ulterior motive to our Hathersage store, namely its proximity to some of the UK’s best crags.
Whether you’re new to climbing or looking to build on your experience, this course will equip you with skills, techniques, and knowledge to climb well, safely, and (most importantly) to enjoy it!
We’ll spend the day out at one of the local crags, (location will depend on the conditions), covering climbing techniques and safety, including fitting harnesses, safety equipment, and belaying.
How to Book
The Climbing Skills Builder course is £25 per person (accompanying adults do not need to take part)
Minimum age: 12 years; under 15s must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Accompanying adults do not have to take part in the course.
Our instructors for each activity are provided through Thornbridge Outdoors and are all fully qualified.
On the day
This is a full day session.
Be at store by 9.30 for 10am start.
We’ll be back by 4:30pm
What to bring
- Warm clothes,
- Water (1 litre minimum),
- If you have them, climbing shoes.
For any more information, please call Alpkit Hathersage on:
Hathersage Store Events
- School of Adventure: Peak Caving Experience
- Afternoon to Explore the Peak District In partnership with Brompton Bikes.
- School of Adventure: Introduction to Mountain biking
- SofA Climbing Skills Builder
- SofA Navigation Skills
- An Evening with Nicky Spinks
- SofA MTB Skills Days
- Introduction to Fell Running
- SofA MTB Advanced Rides
- Alpkit Hathersage Evening Talks
- SofA MTB Coaching Rides
- Saturday Peak District Social Run
- Friday Massage Therapy for Adventure Sports
- Tuesday Yoga for Adventure Sports
Ambleside Store Events
- Social Swim with Alpkit Ambleside
- Lake District Photo Walk
- Alpkit Beach Clean in association with Colourful Coast Partnership
- Fluid Trails MTB Coaching Ride - ‘FIND YOUR FLOW’
- Ambleside Sunday Social Runs