BSO Peak Park Craft Session: Lanterns and Masks
Make a Natural Lantern to illuminate your campsite or disguise yourself as one of the Peak Districts most endangered Species with junior Peak Park rangers
Drop in to see the peak park rangers and get crafty with endangered species masks and natural lanterns.
Make endangered species masks
Curlew, Lapwing, Water Voles and Great Crested Newts are in decline across the country, even in the Peak District. Help the National Park raise awareness of these extraordinary creatures by creating your own special mask.
Make natural lanterns
Using natural materials create an individual willow lantern that will illuminate your campsite and help you find your way home at the end of the evening or make a simple recycled lantern to carry with you around the festival when it gets dark.
What you will get out of the day
Please meet at the SofA desk 15 minutes before the start of your course, the SofA team will direct you to your starting point at the Peak Park ranger stand.
Meeting times and logistics
Saturday Morning: 9:30am - 11am, 11am - 12:30pm
Saturday Afternoon: 1:30pm - 3pm, 3pm - 4:30pm
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||Peak District National Park|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||10:1|
|Location||Starting at Peak District National Park Stand|
|Min age||3 years|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.