BSO Try Your Hand At Dry Stone Walling
Have a go a Dry Stone Walling
Strewn across the peak district, it's impossible to step outside of your front door without remarking on the beauty and ingenuity of dry stones walls.
The dry stone wall is a signature feature of the UK's national park landscapes.
In this session you'll learn the ropes of the ancient craft of dry stone walling and discover the simplicity and creativity of constructing walls using only locally available rock.
Meeting times and logistics
Please head to the SofA desk 5 minutes before the start of your course
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||Peak District National Park Authority|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||10:1|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.
Best Tea Shop Walks in the Peak District
Never miss out on afternoon tea again with Norman and June Buckley's collection of easy-going Peak District walks.
Peak District Trail Running
22 off-road routes for trail and fell runners from 5 km to 28 km
In this comprehensive 2014 guide Adrian Berry and Alan James compile a list of all the bouldering problems within the Peak District
The most comprehensive history of climbing in the Peak District published since 1966
10 mm dyneema sling
Lightweight 10 mm dyneema in a whopping 240 cm length
- BSO Full Day Navigation Skills
- BSO Guided Family Weaseling Walk
- BSO White Peak Walk with a Peak District National Park Ranger
Volunteering is a great way to get involved with the Big Shakeout. As a Shaker Maker you’ll ensure guests leave the festival having experienced an unforgettable event. Click here to find out more.