BSO First Aid Made Easy - Water, sanitation and hygiene
Equipping yourself for any eventuality on an adventure doesn't just mean packing your baselayer, waterproof and head torch. It means equipping yourself with the skills necessary to deal any situation.
Water, sanitation and hygiene: how to keep yourself safe from waterborne illnesses whilst out adventuring:
From super cheap to high tech, we will discuss and try out a variety of water purification methods, review safe camp sanitation setup and talk through tips to stay safe if you do get ill.
A series of medical workshops for travel and adventure activities.
None needed - just bring along your enthusiasm!
Meeting times and logistics
This is an onsite activity. Meet at the SofA desk 10 minutes before your course starts.
|Course info card||Description|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||12:1|
|Min age||Aimed at adults although sensible older children/teenagers welcome|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.
Pocket First Aid
Book of essential guidance on multitude of medical problems, small enough to throw in your bag and take on adventures.