BSO Tittesworth Reservoir Safari
Explore the beautiful environment of Tittesworth Water
Suitability: Minimum age: 8
For those new to paddling, this is a perfect opportunity to get into a boat and learn something new in an amazing environment. and see the potential. This is a unique way of experiencing water at as Tittesworth with views across the Roaches and wildlife such as Kingfishers, Grebes and many other ducks and geese being regular visitors.
With technical equipment supplied and expert instructors on hand, all the complexity is taken care of so you can enjoy the boat cut through glassy water as we take on a tour of the lake. and gentle rapids.
This trip is undertaken in two-person canoe, (where you can sit or kneel and the paddle has one end), two-person sit on top kayaks (where you sit and the paddle has two ends) or solo sit on tops (where you sit and the paddle has two ends). 12 spaces available per session located at Tittesworth Water Sports and Activity Centre.
BSO Tittesworth Reservoir Safari in pictures
What you will get out of the day
Wetsuits and buoyancy aids will be provided.
You will need to bring the following:
- Swimwear/clothing that can get wet,
- Shoes to wear in the water,
- A towel,
- A change of clothes.
This activity is open to anyone with or without experience.
Meeting times and logistics
Although your meeting point is onsite this activity involves a 30-40 minute transfer by minibus to the reservoir. Please meet at least 10 minutes before the course start time so your instructor can start to assign you equipment. Any delay in departure will shorten the groups experience and latecomers will be left behind. Due to the nature of the experience it is not possible to join the group at a later time.
Meet at the SofA meeting point
Transfer by minibus to Tittesworth
Session at Tittesworth
Transfer back to Thornbridge by minibus
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.
GNPDGT Beach Towel
Go Nice Places and Do Good Things with this 100% cotton comfy and cosy beach towel
Thorough and inspiring guide to canoe camping
Lightweight 4 litre Cordura ripstop nylon dry bag. Silicone coated with a roll top closure for storing your stuff in.
Airlok Xtra 13l
13 litre extra strong dry bags with added attachment points
|Provided By||Tittesworth Water Activity Centre|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||6:1|
|Min age||Minimum age 8 years; under 16s must be accompanied by a parent/guardian|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!