BSO Bear Bones Tarp Workshop
Stuart from Bear Bones Bikepacking delves into the world of lightweight shelter and helps simplify the potentially flappy, tangled world of tarps.
Join Stuart from Bear Bones Bikepacking for a 2 hour session in the Bike Packing Village where he delves into the world of lightweight shelter and helps simplify the potentially flappy, tangled world of tarps.
Please dress for the weather, you will be outside for the duration of this course.
Meeting times and logistics
This is an onsite activity, please head to the SofA desk at least 10 minutes before the start of the course. The course will start without you if you are late.
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||Stuart Wright|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||12:1|
|Location||Big Shakeout site|
|Min age||Open to all|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.
Siliconised ripstop nylon tarp with 16 hypalon attachment points, ideal for a solo mission when you need to move as light as possible
30d siliconised Cordura ripstop nylon tarp, the ultimate in versatile lightweight shelter for backpackers, bikepackers and alpinists
Round wire, aluminium, hook tent peg
Set of 5 shiny red and grey micro clips
Camping Utility Cord ideal for tent and tarp guy lines
- BSO Bike Maintenance and Emergency Trailside Repairs
- BSO Guyrope Gourmet Cookery School
- BSO How to Make an Ultralight Bikepacking Stove
- BSO The Art of Packing for Bikepacking
Volunteering is a great way to get involved with the Big Shakeout. As a Shaker Maker you’ll ensure guests leave the festival having experienced an unforgettable event. Click here to find out more.