BSO Tittesworth Reservoir Sit-on-top Kayak taster
Kayaking fun on a sit-on-top
The Fusion sit-on-top is about having a real fun kayak at beautiful Tittesworth Reservoir. The SOT kayak is a boat that you can jump on and have a blast right away, no matter if you are a complete beginner or seriously experienced.
An introductory session into kayaking using Sit On Top Kayaks we will teach you how to paddle forwards and backwards, how to turn and steer and how to stop, with plenty of fun and games along the way!
What you will get out of the day
All kayaking equipment provided.
There is an age restriction of 16 or over to this activity.
Meeting times and logistics
Although your meeting point is onsite this activity involves a 30-40 minute transfer by minibus to the reservoir. Please meet at least 10 minutes before the course start time so your instructor can start to assign you equipment. Any delay in departure will shorten the groups experience and latecomers will be left behind. Due to the nature of the experience it is not possible to join the group at a later time.
Meet at the SofA meeting point
Transfer by minibus to Tittesworth
Session at Tittesworth
Transfer back to Thornbridge by minibus
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||Tittesworth Water Sports|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||8:1|
|Location||Offsite: Tittesworth Reservoir|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.
- BSO Derwent Introduction to White Water
- BSO Derwent River Safari
- BSO Tittesworth Introduction to Stand Up Paddleboarding
- BSO Tittesworth Reservoir Safari
- BSO White Water Kayak Skills Builder
Volunteering is a great way to get involved with the Big Shakeout. As a Shaker Maker you’ll ensure guests leave the festival having experienced an unforgettable event. Click here to find out more.