BSO Open Water Swimming at Toddbrook Reservoir
Try Open Water Swimming
Whether you’ve been lapping the pool and want to swim in wilder places, fancy trying something new, or are just wondering what all the fuss is about, why not give Open Water Swimming a go at the Big Shakeout Festival this year?
Little feels quite as natural as swimming out in the wild, beneath the open sky with not an ounce of chlorine in sight.
Embrace your wild side and give open water swimming a go at Toddbrook Reservoir with the Glossop Triathlon Club.
What you will get out of the day
One hour Open Water Swimming session under the supervision of experienced Open Water Swimmers in the beautiful Todbrook Reservoir. This session will only go ahead if conditions are good on the day. Please head to the SofA point 10 mintues before the start of the course to get the go ahead.
Wetsuits are mandatory for inexperienced open water swimmers and preferable for experienced open water swimmers, under 16s must wear a tow float. All swimmers must wear bright coloured hats (for safety reasons), open water swim hats can be purchased from the Tri club for £5. Some spare wetsuits may be available on the day, but we cannot guarantee that we will have wetsuits for everyone.
Meeting times and logistics
The session runs on Saturday morning. Meet at the SofA meeting point at 8am, you’ll then make your own way to Toddbrook Reservoir. Arrive at the reservoir at 9am.
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||Glossop Triathlon Club|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||1:12|
|Min age||12 years old Participants must be able to swim 400 m unaided|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.
Lotic Swimming Wetsuit [Womens]
Fine-tuned to maximise comfort and time in the water, a combination of flexibility, thickness and stretch makes Lotic our best all-round wetsuit for swimming in open water
Lotic Swimming Wetsuit [Mens]
Fine-tuned to maximise comfort and time in the water, a combination of flexibility, thickness and stretch makes Lotic our best all-round wetsuit for swimming in open water.
Roger Deakin's tale of his liquid journey around the British Isles and the people he meets along the way.
Huub Aphotic Goggles
Versatile and comfortable swimming goggles for open water or the pool, featuring photochromic lenses.