BSO Nordic Walking
Better posture? Whole body work out? Meet sound people? Where do we sign up?!
Sometimes, you need adventure and exercise to fit into your day-to-day routine... enter Nordic walking.
What began as a summer training method for Finnish cross-country skiiers has has grown into a popular and convenient way to gain fitness, tone up, lose weight and improve health.
Nordic walking is one of those sports that anyone can have a go at, no matter their ability level; whether recovering from illness and injury or complementing other training pursuits. It also overcomes those pesky knee problems that us outdoor-types tend to get as Nordic Walking poles are planted behind you in order to propel you along, engaging the upper body and makes you feel lighter on your feet. It also slots easily into your daily-routine, whether it be your commute to work, a trip to the super market, or a walk with the pooch.
Proper Nordic Walking technique is simple to master under careful instruction, this session is designed to give you the skills you need to head out on your own Nordic Walking adventures - who knows where those trusty poles will take you? This course is perfect for fell runners and triatheletes looking to spice up their training.
Meeting times and logistics
Please meet at the SofA desk 10 minutes before the start of your course.
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||West Norfolk Nordic Walking|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||12:1|
|Location||Big Shakeout site|
|Min age||Open to all|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.
AK Multi Activity Sock Range Pack
4 pairs of socks - one of each design for all your outdoor needs