BSO Mountain Biking - Girls Only Core Skills Session
Learning at your own level and pace is a fantastic way to develop your skills further.
Lots of women ride and most ride with their partners or male friends. Guys don’t think along the same lines as women, they also learn and often ride in different ways too, as you might have noticed! That does not mean you can’t keep up with them and show them a thing or two. Whether you just enjoy a blast around a trail centre or a fun XC ride over the hills, this session will help identify your bad habits and the areas that are holding you back, before looking at ways to improve your riding and your riding ‘flow’. Flow = more fun on the trails, so what are you waiting for?
What you will get out of the day
The Core Skills sessions are ideal environments for riders of all ages to join in the fun of the Big Shakeout. The sessions will be run as informal coaching clinics using the superb onsite coaching facilities that have been developed for UK cycling. Facilities include a banked pump track, trials obstacles and a short, technical forest loop. We can accommodate riders from 9 years, as long as you're a girl!
You will need your own mountain bike in good working order. There will be a few bikes available to hire from Thornbridge Outdoors but these are on a first come first served basis and numbers are limited.
It is a good idea to have your own puncture repair kit
Helmet and gloves
Waterproofs in case of rain
Meeting times and logistics
Please be at the SofA meeting point at least 10 minutes prior to your course start time. This will give you plenty of time to meet your instructor, get your bike checked over and maximise your experience. If you are late your course will start without you.
Meet at the SofA meeting point
Your instructor will accompany you to the bike skills area
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||Thornbridge Outdoors|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||8:1|
|Location||Big Shakeout site|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
- BSO All Day Mountain Bike Coaching Ride
- BSO Mountain Biking - An Introduction to Jumps & Drops
- BSO Mountain Biking - Core Skills Session
- BSO Yoga Sessions
Volunteering is a great way to get involved with the Big Shakeout. As a Shaker Maker you’ll ensure guests leave the festival having experienced an unforgettable event. Click here to find out more.