BSO Mountain Biking - An Introduction to Jumps & Drops
Fancy being in more control over jumps and bigger drops? Then this is the course for you.
This introductory course focuses on the key skills required to develop your jumping at any level and also how to handle drop-offs confidently. We look at footwork, body and head position as well as energy management (pumping). Your coach will assess your current riding, identify your weaknesses before progressing and adding new skills to your riding toolbox.
What you will get out of the day
Don’t expect to come away from this course a downhill legend - the highly experienced coaches will provide you with building blocks that you’ll be able to develop and perfect during your riding following this course. Even Steve Peat had to start somewhere!
You will need your own mountain bike in good working order. There will be a few bikes available to hire from Thornbridge Outdoors but these are on a first come first served basis and numbers are limited.
It is a good idea to have your own puncture repair kit
Helmet and gloves
Waterproofs in case of rain
Don’t come dressed as a storm trooper, come dressed as you would ride normally.
Meeting times and logistics
Please be at the SofA meeting point at least 10 minutes prior to your course start time. This will give you plenty of time to meet your instructor, get your bike checked over and maximise your experience. If you are late your course will start without you.
Meet at the SofA meeting point
Your instructor will accompany you to the bike skills area on-site
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||Thornbridge Outdoors|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||8:1|
|Location||Big Shakeout site|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.
Rhythm Short Sleeve Jersey [Mens]
Technical short sleeved cycling jersey, wicking with breathable mesh back panel, 4 rear stash pockets and rear zipped pocket
Love Mud Bora
Gorgeous compact trail pump with pressure gauge, weighing 125 grams it is ideal for getting you home from those trail side emergencies
- BSO All Day Mountain Bike Coaching Ride
- BSO Mountain Biking - Core Skills Session
- BSO Mountain Biking - Girls Only Core Skills Session
- BSO Yoga Sessions
Volunteering is a great way to get involved with the Big Shakeout. As a Shaker Maker you’ll ensure guests leave the festival having experienced an unforgettable event. Click here to find out more.