BSO Mini Adventurer
Let active kids discover their adventurous nature
Let your mini adventurers explore the Thornbridge site with a range of activities designed to encourage team work and the exploration of nature. The Low Ropes course will provide a challenge in balance, trust and confidence. Moving on they will enter the subterranean world of The Molehole, a purpose built tunnel network which must be navigated to escape at it's far end. It’s a dark place, but they will have some torches to help them on their way. They will then move on to learn how to use their senses to make it around the Nightline before a session on the Thornbridge bouldering wall. Parents must be present to keep protective eyes on their little ones, but not to get too involved.
What you will get out of the day
Mini Adventurer is all about letting your kids tackle and overcome challenges by themselves. But fear not, a Thornbridge instructor will be there to encourage and guide them as they progress around the circuit. Parents or guardian must be present to offer encouragement but do not need to purchase a ticket. Depending on weather and the group abilities the exact order and number of activities undertaken may be subject to change.
Due to the subterranean nature of the Molehole we recommend that you equip your kids with mud-friendly clothing. How about:
Long sleeves and long trousers
Please bring any medication your kids may need along with you.
Meeting times and logistics
This course will take place entirely on the Thornbridge site. Please get to the SOFA meeting point at least 10 minutes before the indicated start time. Your course will start without you if you are late.
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||Thornbridge Outdoors|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||10:1|
|Location||Big Shakeout site|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.
- BSO Adrenaline Rush
- BSO Alpkids on the Blocs
- BSO Bombproof Belays
- BSO Climbing Escapology
- BSO Go Deeper Underground
- BSO Intro to Outdoor Climbing
- BSO Resin to Rock - Bouldering
- BSO Wet and Wild Underground
- BSO Yoga Sessions
Volunteering is a great way to get involved with the Big Shakeout. As a Shaker Maker you’ll ensure guests leave the festival having experienced an unforgettable event. Click here to find out more.