BSO First Aid Made Easy - Major Trauma
Equipping yourself for any eventuality on an adventure doesn't just mean packing your baselayer, waterproof and head torch. It means equipping yourself with the skills necessary to deal any situation.
Major Trauma: When it all goes wrong…
This session will cover how to deal with the most common major injuries for adventure sports. We will talk about and practice things that worry people, like spinal precautions, treating major bleeding, and applying tourniquets.
None needed - just bring along your enthusiasm!
Meeting times and logistics
This is an onsite activity. Meet at the SofA desk 10 minutes before your course starts.
|Course info card||Description|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||12:1|
|Min age||Aimed at adults although sensible older children/teenagers welcome|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
Elsewhere on Alpkit
A few goodies that might help you get the most out of this course.