BSO Bike Maintenance and Emergency Trailside Repairs
Bikepacking adventures are all about being self-sufficient and that includes keeping your wheels rolling.
A buckled wheel, snapped chain, ripped tyre or damaged gears can quickly transform a great trip into a disaster - Pete Mcneil from Adventure Pedlars will show you how to keep going when the mechanical monsters conspire against you.
Dress for the weather, you will be outside for the duration of this course
Meeting times and logistics
This is an onsite activity. Please head over to the SofA desk at least 10 minutes before the start of your course. If you are late the course will start without you.
|Course info card||Description|
|Provided By||Adventure Peddlars|
|Student / Instructor Ratio||12:1|
|Location||Big Shakeout site|
|Min age||Open to all|
- The School of Adventure is run by the Alpkit Foundation and all courses are with qualified instructors.
- To participate in School of Adventure activities you must have a valid Big Shakeout weekend ticket.
- Any orders for activities without a Big Shakeout weekend ticket may be cancelled and refunded.
- Course times indicate the time you will be leaving from your meeting point to returning to it.
- Your instructor will require you to sign a participation form before your activity commences. Children under 18 must get their form signed by their accompanying parent or guardian.
- For courses offsite you will have to provide your own transport.
- Courses will start without you if you are late.
- Full information
If you like it share it!
- BSO Bear Bones Tarp Workshop
- BSO How to Make an Ultralight Bikepacking Stove
- BSO The Art of Packing for Bikepacking
Volunteering is a great way to get involved with the Big Shakeout. As a Shaker Maker you’ll ensure guests leave the festival having experienced an unforgettable event. Click here to find out more.